Home Angler On Foot

Reds and Trout in NPB

Ol SargeOl Sarge Posts: 290 Deckhand
Hey all
Im looking for some advice, Id like to take by sons fishing for trout and reds. I live in Broward but will go up to WPB any suggestions? Jonathon Dickinson?

Replies

• jamesbrownsplitjamesbrownsplit Posts: 214 Deckhand
    I live in West Palm and I have never come across any reds or trout. They have made some improvements to the Lake Worth Lagoon that sound like they may lead to reds and trout being around, but I haven't seen any yet. If you wanted to specifically target reds and trout then I would venture further north.
  • crghsscrghss Posts: 163 Deckhand
    Very rare for trout n reds to show up around West palm beach. If any where try monyun island near John d McArthur St. Park. Much better off going to Hutchinson island about another hour north. Check with Snook Nook in Jensen beach.

You could go south to flamingo in everglades national park

What type of fishing you doing? On foot, small boat, kayak or guided? I can give you a better answer...
  • Chuck DChuck D Posts: 427 Officer
    If you want to fish for reds or trout on the east coast of FL, you'll need to go up to at least Stuart or further North. If you can settle for just trout, Biscayne Bay has a decent trout population. Going west to Chokoloskee or Everglades National Park will put you in a good area for both. If traveling is not an option, then biscayne bay is your best bet. Reds have been caught there, but are VERY rare. Trout are pretty common though.
  • Bimini15Bimini15 Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    It has been a while, but I have caught both reds and trout around Munyon Island and in McArthur Park.
    Not sure the area is worth the trip from Broward, though.
    I would agree that your best bet to target reds and trout is further north.
  • CocoCoco Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Went out two weekends ago around Munyon and the guys caught a red and a trout, both keepers. :) First time in a long time, but they're around
  • closcabcloscab Posts: 122 Officer
    Trout and snook here in MIA but no redfish unless you head down further south.