miamimuttonman Flamingo Florida Bay report 12/15/13

Went to Flamingo yesterday with a few close friends. Years ago i was out in the gulf looking for macs, with a friend and we saw a big shower of bait on the surface and the macs crashing them.As we get close we see a big school of permit along side of our boat, so we start casting jigs tipped with shrimp and caught a permit and a bunch of nice size macs.A week later we were back at this spot and had live crabs and live finger mullet, this time we did not see one mac or permit but we tossed our baits out and hooked up with a cobia as we drifted around the spot, we saw schools of cobia every where, we limited out quick.Ever since, we go back to this spot every year and catch cobia and we have caught 30lb king and snapper all in this spot.This is the place we hit yesterday with my friends and got our limit and also hooked up with a Goliath, that was so big my friend could not lift it to the surface as it stopped where we could see it but could not lift it with his current rod, looked around 400 plus lbs.we also caught and released a cuda and a few sharks, Then, we headed to the rivers and anchored in my favorite Gag spot and the first bait down got slammed by this 27 in gag, we also got a snapper and lost three more gags to the bottom structure. Here are the pics of our trip. I will soon be going back to flamingo and will post a report of our next Cobia catch.Tight lines to all.IMG_2471_zpsa98f90d0.jpgthe Goliath rod bendingIMG_4982_zps56967308.jpgIMG_5972_zpsd164e2e5.jpgIMG_8964_zps007854c3.jpgIMG_7997_zpsae6c41af.jpgIMG_3121_zpsf51372c8.jpg grilled cobia dinnerIMG_3128_zps1318f3bb.jpg

Replies