Home Angler On Foot

Slaying the Big Trout and Snook Lately!

Joupdog1Joupdog1 Posts: 1,416 Officer
I've been slacking on my reports, but that doesn't mean I haven't been fishing. Last weekend we waited until the sun came up a bit to target some shallow water snook and ended up crushing them! We caught 35+ in a matter of 3 hours with the biggest coming in right at the top of the slot! Another morning, we got out super early before sunrise to throw some topwaters and I put Colin on his biggest trout ever at 27"! This morning, Adam came with me for his birthday and when he said he had only caught a few trout ever, I knew we had to change that. We went plucking away at a good dock line with the high tide and next thing you know, he was pulling out a monster trout! Played it well and ended up landing his personal best trout at 28"! The redfish are starting to show up a bit more, but I still haven't been able to find good numbers of them. Maybe this cold front will help with that! Hoping to get a few more good fish before the new year, hope everyone else has been out getting em too!

Replies

• BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,892 Admiral
    Good work :wink !

Is a WTD the lure on the first trout ?
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    We have to survive the most horrific pandemic we ever had. The Coward-20 virus.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • Joupdog1Joupdog1 Posts: 1,416 Officer
    It's a skitterwalk in the first trout!
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,892 Admiral
    Great lure (thanks)
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    We have to survive the most horrific pandemic we ever had. The Coward-20 virus.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • bitshortbitshort Posts: 243 Deckhand
    Nice job, we got a 29" 15 1\2" girth yesterday evening in the banana river they r in there thick.