Homosassa Inshore 8\31---Rain

BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,645 Captain
Since I have a visitor that wants to fish I took him out to get some shark. He wanted something big tugging his line.

Water clarity just outside the mouth is not bad and weeds weren't an issue. But the rain was. We lasted about an hour or so before it poured down and then had to run up river in another cloud burst that had lighting mixed in. The weather needs to stabilize as it's been "weird" for this time of year.

I did catch a shark, it slipped over board as we started to take a picture, and some cats plus small trout were brought to the boat. Cut bait and Gulp was the choice today.

Going out the Little Homosassa tomorrow and hope to catch some trout with the incoming tide...and hopefully no rain.

Bill
"And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."

Replies

• Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,839 Captain
    Better hurry, they 're talking tropical storm in the Gulf. Of course the weather man has been known to make mistakes!!:Spittingcoffee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Go get'em Bill....try dragging a white gulp shrimp across the 3' flats rigged texas style. That should produce some slot trout.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,645 Captain
    troutman57 wrote: »
    Go get'em Bill....try dragging a white gulp shrimp across the 3' flats rigged texas style. That should produce some slot trout.

Good advice Kyle...I'm already rigged for it. And I know a place that should have a bunch of them. We can't go early, doing a buddy a favor and it has to be done at dead low tide, so I hope the afternoon storms stay away.

Bill
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Look like it was pouring down your way from the WB, hang in there.
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 793 Officer
    Sorry about the rain. It seem like everytime I plan for something outside it would rain. You caught some fish. I remember a few times I would of been overjoyed to catch that many after fishing for hours and only catching a few. Thanks for the report.
  • 23fabe2323fabe23 Posts: 38 Deckhand
    Unfortunately it looks like we could be in for a weekend of liquid sunshine :(
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,448 Officer
    Sorry about the weather. It's bound to settle down eventually. I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,035 Officer
    better than working! hope you did well in the little river.
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,645 Captain
    angler18 wrote: »
    better than working! hope you did well in the little river.

Got rained out...go figure. Made it out in the 1752 Jon, with a new motor acting up, but it "fixed" itself so we started to fish. It rained...and rained. I "ain't" giving up as we are going back after shark tomorrow...if it doesn't rain.

Bill
  • keypondkeypond Posts: 2,017 Officer
    Billy, sorry about the rain man. Nothing to do but keep going. Eventually it won't see you coming and you'll get to fish a few hours before it realizes your out there.
    Chris

Reel Time w/Florida Sportsman Guest Host
    Sight Fishing AJ's, Say What
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSPHOHuw-M&list=UU7OK0PWEO7jknYHsykHcjaA&index=1&feature=plcp
  • THINKICANTHINKICAN Homosassa, FLPosts: 411 Deckhand
    Good job on finding the rain, Bill! I dodged a couple of drops coming in then got wet as I was finishing up at the dock. Looks a little windy this morning. Good luck on the trout.
    SO WHEN IS THIS "OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER" SUPPOSED TO KICK IN?
  • deerflydeerfly Posts: 721 Officer
    the thing with weather is yer always gonna' have it, sometimes its good, sometimes not so good. Being able to verify conditions on the water is always better than being at work wondering what its like out there tho. :)
    "impossibility cannot be concluded from a sample of failed efforts" - Edsger W. Dijkstra