Home Classifieds: Boats

Awesome restored hewes lt 20 with dual powerpoles and 200 vmax! Every option!

Well guys, looks like im already itching for a new boat and this one will have to go. There is an identical boat on here but without many of the options, this is not the same boat so you guys know and dont think im flipping it

the details: its a 1998 hewes light tackle 20 with a 1998 yamaha 200 vmax. This is the year the hull was changed to add recessed trim tabs, better storage, and better performance.

it is an all blue hull just detailed (sanded with 800,1000,1200, buffed, polished, waxed) took forever but the outside looks amazing!

I purchased the boat april 2013 and it was in bad shape, boat was oxidized and needed all new wiring because it sat and was not used. I bought the boat and went through a full restoration. The only thing orginal to the boat is the hull, trailer, and motor/guages.

Options:

minn kota 70 riptide copilot new computer and other things (just spent 400$ on)
Boss 2 speaker radio with ipod/phone hookup with splash cover
All new switchboard and switches
hydraulic steering
bobs hydraulic jack plate
Dual black 8 foot pro series powerpoles with new spikes just installed
black metal painted poling platform
black painted grab rails on console
black grip on top of console for phone/lures
stainless stilletto 21p prop
new trim tab ram and pump
3 pop up push pole holders
just had gas tank professionally cleaned just in case
new fuel sending unit
all new wiring everywhere on boat, no existing wiring is left
new batteries
brand new led lights on trailer
new hub and bearings on trailer
new rims and tires on trailer
motor just entirely serviced

As I said I basically took a hull, motor, and trailer and rigged it with everything new

pricing is looking to be around the 16400 after looking at comparible boats but as always I will listen to offers, I dont think there is a nicer one out there.

it is a 1998 boat so please dont be expecting a brand new boat, but im willing to bet it is one of the better looking ones from its period. The guages are a bit sunfaded and the trailer needs new carpet, both of these things I am working on doing and they may be done before the boat gets sold.

The boat I believe runs mid 50's but no gps numbers. The boat loves to cruise at 3500 at a very quick pace, I would say 35-40 mph. Its a fantastic boat and I really love it but im looking for something faster, maybe in the mid 60's-70's.

I would be willing to trade for another go fast flats boat like a lake and bay, pathfinder fusion, backcountry, sterling 20 or 22, hewes 21 redfisher, etc.

you can text me at 727 902 8784, email me at [email protected]. Email or text is preferred and I usually respond within a few minutes. no pms i do not check often!
2016 Sterling 220XS (SOLD), see build thread here: Here
2005 Lake and Bay Backwater (SOLD)
Current Boats: 2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS
2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
gCFWQPq.jpg?1

Replies

• linesider 159linesider 159 Posts: 828 Officer
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
  • ParksideParkside Posts: 30 Greenhorn
    I had one of these and really liked it..

Would you mind posting the capacity plate or pm'ing the numbers to me?

I am looking for a solid 4 adult boat for the Keys. Not too skinny but versatile.

My Redfisher 18 is a little small.

Thanks..
    man im sorry i never saw this! I do not check here often. please send me a text, email me, or call me and i can provide plenty of pics and all the info you could dream of!
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
    There is no capacity plate on the boat. I easily fish 4 fairly often and have had 6 on the boat only once for 5 minutes while going to the ramp from an island (shell key to fort desoto ramp, 2 minute ride on plane). With 4 people, full gas, all snorkelling and scalloping gear the boat was still self bailing at rest! It also had no trouble planing and ran in the mid 40's with that load.

when with 4 people, i have 2 on front deck 1 in back and 1 on platform, or if the platform is removed i do all types of configurations and it is not cramped! 90% of my fishing is with 3 people, 5% with 4 and 5% with 2. There is also plenty of seating for 4 people. I apologize for getting back to you so late.

My action craft 16 was rated for 4 people so you should have no problem with 4 in this, it really is a fantastic all around boat
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
    more pics without platform on. Looks even better with it on!
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
    those pictures show it without the cushions, without the platform, without the cover,which is all included. boat was actually dirty at the time!
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
    Sale has been delayed 1 month. Boat is receiving an entirely new transom. (5700$) a part of it was questionable and I said fix it as I can't sell it like that I wouldn't feel right. Now you have a 100% solid boat with nothing to fail. The new transom comes with a warranty.

The transom wasn't rotted or anything it just had a crack and some flexing. I could have not fixed it and it would be fine for a while but I want to sell the boat and would want it fixed
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
    Bump. It has warranty!
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
  • RedRumRedRum Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Clearwater florida. Boat looks like it will be done ahead of time and probably in next week or so. I can document all work
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
    boat is ready to go and running great! New spark plugs! MAKE ME AN OFFER! over 20k invested!
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
    Bump, back on the market. New axle, bearings, and Hubs on the trailer! New oil pump on motor! Need it gone bring all offers!
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
  • Nearshore1Nearshore1 Posts: 83 Deckhand
    Still available???!!!!!
  • Blade1Blade1 Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Bump, back on the market. New axle, bearings, and Hubs on the trailer! New oil pump on motor! Need it gone bring all offers!

Do you still have the boat?
    Yes I still have it. Please text, call, or email. 727 902 8784 or [email protected]. text or email preferred
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
  • KjdawsonKjdawson Posts: 62 Deckhand
    It is worth what someone will pay. I would say around 12.5k. Its a 15yo boat and motor. The boat doesn't have upgrades it has new repairs which makes people think it has problems to make it functionable. Here is the NADA on it http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1998/Hewes-Boats/LIGHT-TACKLE-FO_/10087293/ values . Boats are a depreciating asset especially when you have to make repairs. GLWS keep us posted
  • charliemancharlieman Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Kjdawson wrote: »
    It is worth what someone will pay. I would say around 12.5k. Its a 15yo boat and motor. The boat doesn't have upgrades it has new repairs which makes people think it has problems to make it functionable. Here is the NADA on it http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1998/Hewes-Boats/LIGHT-TACKLE-FO_/10087293/ values . Boats are a depreciating asset especially when you have to make repairs. GLWS keep us posted

I have received many offers over 12.5 luckily, just not ones I felt were right and that justified me selling it, know what I mean? . And i would say a lot of things are upgrades. (Radio and those types of things), plus it's been 100% redone and the new transom is stronger than factory. Most regular lt20's are asking 13 or so and they have old wiring and such. I do think it's best I sell without powerpoles because since it's an older boat they don't really ad as much value

Here is the nada I saw. There have been some people close but they won't hit my right number. I want to sell it but knowing boats with even less stuff that sold for more is frustrating. I'm waiting for the right buyer I guess. Good thing is I have 2 people who are planning on coming this weekend to sea trial. Let's hope it sells!
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
  • FlatsFrenzyFlatsFrenzy Posts: 893 Officer
    The LT20 was at the top of my list when I was boat shopping...before I stumbled on my 181 through a family friend.

Great boat for this area...there are factors to take into account beyond pure NADA statistics.
    -
    Chris
    Gulf Coast of FL
    @flatsfrenzy #flyonly #onelessspinrod