Bimini Labor Day

2fastlx2fastlx Posts: 407 Deckhand
Who's going over? The forecast changed overnight from 5-10 all weekend to 15-20 and 20+ on Monday :devil I sure hope that doesnt end up happening as its still a tad early. Forecasters havent exactly been spot on lately.

Replies

• IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    Looks like another depression headed that way (name "Katia"). It may pass far enough out in the Atlantic to not have much of an effect on Bimini, but I'd sure keep an eye on it.
  • 2fastlx2fastlx Posts: 407 Deckhand
    yeah I was thinking that was why they did it but all the models seem to have that thing going way out east. Time will tell I guess.
  • auburnbob17auburnbob17 Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I am heading over, staying at the sands sat-mon. let's hope this weather report isn't true. going to attempt to attach a pic of the boat, have a safe crossing
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,881 Admin
    at201112.gif

Depending on your port of departure you should have a decent crossing. The return will depend on the next update path.
    Mark P. Wilson
    Marine Surveyor

• sleepwalkersleepwalker Posts: 101 Deckhand
    It's actually the low in the Gulf that the wind is forecasted to come from. This has nothing to do with the spinner in the Atlantic. At least it is mainly from the South. I'll be headed back from Great Harbor at the same time... fingers crossed. Check out www.magicseaweed.com and hit the wind map... this tells the story better than most...

Kent
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,881 Admin
    It's actually the low in the Gulf that the wind is forecasted to come from. This has nothing to do with the spinner in the Atlantic. At least it is mainly from the South. I'll be headed back from Great Harbor at the same time... fingers crossed. Check out www.magicseaweed.com and hit the wind map... this tells the story better than most...

Kent

Thanks for the link.
    Mark P. Wilson
    Marine Surveyor

• kckc Posts: 449 Officer
    We are headed over Fri morning and headed back on Monday. Not necessarily looking for a buddy boat, but if any one needs assistance you can hail CaySea. If anyone does want someone to run with I am leaving PE and will be staying at the BGC.
    Well? How did everyone make out? We had a great trip and got into some nice hogs and bugs diving and had a nice catch of flag yellowtails both days. Nearly had a casualty when a 40' cruiser ignored our dive flag and ran within 50' of out boat at 30 knots when we had 2 guys in the water. One of our guys had to dive to keep from being run over. We did confront the guy over by the Sapona and there were expletives used so if anyone witnessed that I apologize.
    Forgot to mention. Did anyone lose a t-top? There was a real nice one on the bottom just off the beach north of Mackey's.
  • Yellowfin39Yellowfin39 Posts: 44 Deckhand
    Most of the time T-tops are cut off and dumped when boasts are stolen
  • BspotBspot Posts: 189 Officer
    2fastlx wrote: »
    Forgot to mention. Did anyone lose a t-top? There was a real nice one on the bottom just off the beach north of Mackey's.

Lost a bait pen on the way back. What boat were you in?
    Most of the time T-tops are cut off and dumped when boasts are stolen

Nope. This one still had the screws in the flanges .
    Bspot wrote: »
    Lost a bait pen on the way back. What boat were you in?

34 Yellowfin. We stayed at sands.
  • BspotBspot Posts: 189 Officer
    2fastlx wrote: »
    34 Yellowfin. We stayed at sands.

I was on the west side of Sands in the blue 33T. Fishing and diving were both very productive.
    Cool, thats pretty much what we did as well. Were you just to the right after entering the marina? Think I remember seeing a contender over there