Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Caravelle dove hunts, who's been?

StillbrokeStillbroke Posts: 226 Officer
Before buying a 35$ permit and driving over an hour I was hoping I could get some input from those who have been and hunted the Caravelle dove hunts. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Replies

• Zeak21Zeak21 Posts: 63 Deckhand
    I have it for the Dove Club, the hunting this year has been very bad. I will be there tomorrow but I have seen more doves just walking and sitting in WMAs...save the 35 in my opinion.
  • StillbrokeStillbroke Posts: 226 Officer
    Thank you, just the response I was looking for, good or bad. Please post tomorrow's results. Happy hunting.
  • Zeak21Zeak21 Posts: 63 Deckhand
    I dont know the final harvest for today, but I was on field3 and can personally say that no one shot any doves on field 3 and I only saw one dove that was able to be shot at. On field 2 there wasnt much gun fire at all. It seems like field 4 is the only field where people are getting doves. (there is no field 1) and field 4 was filled up by noon today. I drive 2 hours to hunt the "dove fields"....needless to say I saw more doves on the dirt roads of the Ocala National Forest than I did in the dove fields. Hunt a local WMA and you will save money and see more doves. I most likely wont be making the drive again...and if I do its because I paid $125 for the dove club permit and atleast want to get something for the money I spent.
  • red owlred owl Posts: 708 Officer
    Just did the 11/30 shoot. About half the shooters got 0 doves. Lots of guys got only 1 or 2 doves, some 3's. One guy got 5 (top for the day). Make your own decision.
    BTW...It's a 2 hour drive for me as well. Years ago there were some dove clubs (private) around the cornfields in Zellwood but I have no idea if they are still around. That was maybe 10 years ago and at the time those clubs only charged $150 to join. If any one knows of any such clubs still around- tell.
  • StillbrokeStillbroke Posts: 226 Officer
    Thanks for the response. Sounds pretty lame. Are the fields not planted or just not great numbers of birds?
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,264 AG
    Dove on any of the FWC fields is always hit or miss.....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,264 AG
    The only local club here is $550....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you