Happy Black Friday Eve!

Replies

• rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    It's a mental illness people have camping out for deals on low grade TVs and overpriced toys for their brats
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
    :rotflmao

Picked up a wall mount tv thingamajig for $40 off this morning while drinking coffee.
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    Girls went out already while I worked in the kitchen (yes, I wear the apron today)
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • Major WaderMajor Wader Posts: 702 Officer
    Funny thing is, those folks who have camped out all week to buy something for half price, would have made enough money working a temp job to pay double for the item.

And got to sleep in their own bed.
    Member #4013
    Canton, GA
    Saved $40 on a tv bracket, free hulu for 2 months, $40 on a little bissell portable steam cleaner and $60 on a new vacuum. Shipped to my door free. We have a few more things to look for over the weekend that are needed.
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    jad1097 wrote: »
    Saved $40 on a tv bracket, free hulu for 2 months, $40 on a little bissell portable steam cleaner and $60 on a new vacuum. Shipped to my door free. We have a few more things to look for over the weekend that are needed.

Those are some much needed needs
    Indeed, they are.

There are a ton of decent deals around and you don't have to camp out for them.
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,969 Captain
    I got some great deal tonite without camping out or fighting anyone... and heck I'm going back out in the morning...

It was a mess before when certain stores were doing it at the same time... but now everybody is opening up and more people are
    spread out... heck I went to a Kmart just to waste time before another store open up and ended up getting all kinds of great sales
    without even trying... and still was able to get to the other store... 3rd in line and grab a new laptop for almost nothing with sale and
    coupon/points.... GF work all that out... I was just tagging alone...but still got some great deals on tackle whoo hoo..

and trust me I'm a person who HATES LINES... but I never once felt crowded tonite... heck I'm headed to gander Mnt for a new
    pistol/fishing gear/ammo on sat morning... and hitting home depot for a new drill ....... LOL...

My daughter call me tonite and told me she lives for these sales...:grin she said the pushing and taking from people makes her
    yr .... I was laughing and ask her what the hell does that mean.... she tell me> what other time of Yr can you go crazy and not
    go to jail :grin.... I told her she has more of her mom in her... LOL.... oh she in Tenn... all those people are crazy up there LOL..
    aa13.gif"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    I've never gone before and tonight most likely will be my first and last. The experience was great but I don't have a need for much stuff. Just because something is on sale doesn't mean I have to buy it.
    I looked in the flyers and the only place that had something I wanted was ****'s. They had 22 and 223. I got there around 6:50 for an 8:00 opening. The line had maybe 20-30 people, 80% were wearing camo. I'm with my sons and say "great everyone here will be in the ammo line" (i was right). For the next hour more and more people got in line. Everyone was calm and polite, I guess everyone in line knew an armed society was a polite society :) JK. Actually everyone was just plain nice. The lines inside were orderly and I came out with 1050 rounds of 22 and 240 rounds of 223. I was out by 2015.
    The worst part was the driving, the roads were packed.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    I'm only interested in stories of fighting off the human refuse for the chance to buy sh it-tier electronics.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,796 Admiral
    Went to Best Buy last night and picked up some stuff I really need for work. iMac 21.5 for $200 off. Insignia 8-inch Tablet for $80 (reg $229). SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB SD card for $29 ($99 reg). It was crowded, but not much more than a typical weekend...

Besides, all my regular bars in town were closed last night.

I'm very happy. Not gonna mess with shopping today though...
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events