Registering a trailer

phlyryphlyry Posts: 21 Greenhorn
Forum members - I will be registering a trailer in Orange County, Florida and was hoping for any tips/suggestions to make the process less painful if possible. Have to bring the trailer to the office? Better to make an appointment? Thank you in advance for your help!

Replies

• Sebastain PadlerSebastain Padler Posts: 124 Deckhand
    Should be rather painless and no need to take the trailer. If you purchased it new, take the certificate of origin and a copy of your receipt and your check book. If it was a used purchase, have the old owner sign the old registration slip with the purchase price written down and that should do it.
  • drod13drod13 Posts: 259 Officer
    Is it the first time the trailer is being registered?
    Do you have registration already? If not I believe you will have to get the trailer weighed. Then you take that receipt in and get it registeted. If you have one already, you just bring in your registration. No appointment needed but you can make one if you like.
    2013 OK Trident 13/2015 Hobie Outback :fishing jig.gif
  • uno--masuno--mas Posts: 346 Officer
    yes, what they said. but as a side note, you can get away from weighing, if the trailer weighs less than 600lbs (i think). you can estimate the weight below that. a trailer capable of carrying two kayaks weighs about 300lbs, so figure from there.
    also if you have an old car tag you can use that one, so you don't have to pay for a 'new' tag. conversely, you can't use a trailer tag to put on a car.

cheers
    drew
    Cathedra Mea, Regulae Meae.
  • phlyryphlyry Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    Thanks everyone….much appreciated!