557 hp Outboard?

Sick DaySick Day Posts: 260 Deckhand
Has anyone seen or run the new 557 hp outboard from Seven Marine?
http://www.seven-marine.com/

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Yes. Been out a while. It's the Cadillac ctsv engine with a vertical transmission. Intrepid and a few other sell em. $70k per.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • wpbthwpbth Posts: 443 Officer
    there sweeT!
    :fishing
  • Sick DaySick Day Posts: 260 Deckhand
    CaptTater wrote: »
    Yes. Been out a while. It's the Cadillac ctsv engine with a vertical transmission. Intrepid and a few other sell em. $70k per.

:hairraiser $70k for just the motor and no boat?:hairraiser

I am curious how they are generating that much power in that little package and how durable it is because of that. I saw them in an Intrepid advertisement so I assume they must be legit.
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,261 Officer
    It's a supercharged car engine. You can have all the hp you want by blowing plenty of air and having a large enough fuel pump.
  • sneaky snookersneaky snooker Posts: 746 Officer
    Yup, like he said. Great durability
    It's a supercharged car engine. You can have all the hp you want by blowing plenty of air and having a large enough fuel pump.
    2015 Shearwater 23 TE w/ Yamaha SHO 250
    Sick Day wrote: »
    :hairraiser $70k for just the motor and no boat?:hairraiser

I am curious how they are generating that much power in that little package and how durable it is because of that. I saw them in an Intrepid advertisement so I assume they must be legit.

Keep in mind that's the power of 2 motors in one.. 1/2 the parts(ish) . 1/2 the drag. and 1.5 the weight of a single. It doesn't make it cheap but I reduces the REQUIRE motors or allows 2200HP out of 4... ZOOM. ask someone with an 1000HP sterndrive how reliable those suckers are.

The motors are used in tens of thousands of cars and it sits like it in a car, not sideways up.
    45097d1301599743-big-outboard-engine-7-marine-seven-marine-team-mounts-557-motors-intrepid-370-cuddy-seven-marine-president-rick-davis-jpg

2010-6_2L-V8-SC-LSA-LoR-500x400.jpg

these guys know what they are doing. Check out the gearcase. 2 gears so same loading per gear as a 300HP but the gears are massive. No clutch stuffed into the lower unit, the vertical transmission handles shifting.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,329 AG
    If that thing wouldn't sink ALLIS,,,,,,,,
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    put a big flotation bracket/box on the back. :)
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,080 Admiral
    Based on their numbers though the benefits only come into play if you intend to operate the boat at 70 mph!! Or at least > 50 mph. They are pretty cool though and if I was rich I would consider them.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • crackedconchcrackedconch Posts: 374 Deckhand
    I saw one of those at the Ft. Myers boat show a couple of weekends ago. That's sick!!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!

Pioneer 197 Sportfish
    Suzuki DF150
  • BillablehoursBillablehours Posts: 48 Greenhorn
    Listen to these bad boys. Nasty! $210k in motors!
    http://youtu.be/5v00BYmiMJw
    Renaissance Prowler “Billable Hours”
    2200XL Pathfinder “Flat Fee”
    surfman wrote: »
    Based on their numbers though the benefits only come into play if you intend to operate the boat at 70 mph!! Or at least > 50 mph. They are pretty cool though and if I was rich I would consider them.
    why would you put a 557 HP on to NOT plan to go 50mph? I don't think the intention is upgrade the power on this:
    366893d1381264885-64-viking-twin-outboards-viking.jpg
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,080 Admiral
    why would you put a 557 HP on to NOT plan to go 50mph?

Good point.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • Liquid TheropyLiquid Theropy Posts: 608 Officer
    why would you put a 557 HP on to NOT plan to go 50mph? I don't think the intention is upgrade the power on this:
    366893d1381264885-64-viking-twin-outboards-viking.jpg

Trolling Motors??? couple proVs:rotflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AKA Flatheadcat
    primary power. They were using them to move it from NJ where it sunk in Hurricane Sandy to S FL to a yard.. it sunk again in NC because it had no auto bilge pump or alarm... :) They could do about 10knts. Those are fuel barrels in the back.
  • esteroestero Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Sick Day wrote: »
    Has anyone seen or run the new 557 hp outboard from Seven Marine?
    http://www.seven-marine.com/

I want one for my skiff..................

Just because you’re  Offended  Doesn’t mean you right!

Bahama has a pair on their 41 now