Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Duck open how did everyone do?

Wellu4a8eheb.jpg how did everyone do? let's get some pic's and updates, I'll get it started. Hunted lake O Saturday and STA1 Sunday and had a blast. Even though I am running on two hours of sleep it was worth it.qy5enada.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Life is tough, it's tougher if your stupid. SEMPER FI...
Whackem-N-Stackem Pro Staffer,

Replies

• CrashDuckCrashDuck Posts: 508 Officer
    Wellu4a8eheb.jpg how did everyone do? let's get some pic's and updates, I'll get it started. Hunted lake O Saturday and STA1 Sunday and had a blast. Even though I am running on two hours of sleep it was worth it.qy5enada.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice facepaint
  • dukhuntr1991dukhuntr1991 Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Seems to be a lot of birds down for this early in the year. We shot blue wing, green wing, ringer, bluebill, and mottled. Saw a good mess of pintails also.
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 5,304 Admiral
    There is no reason to be running on 2 hrs of sleep...
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Monkey box deep water...must have got up early to get a spot there.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,265 AG
    Terrible!..... My Duck commander call didn't bring them close and believe me...I was blowing as hard as I could...non-stop...for hours!
    My Black Cloud BBB would not kill any birds out at 100 yards where they all were...not even the ones just sitting in the water!....used a whole box!
    The wind blew pretty hard and all my decoys floated away...... then some guy says that you need string and anchors...why doesn't it say so on the box?...why don't they have them on them already?....It doesn't show this on the picture on the box they came in.
    And the spinning wing decoy....the only thing it was good for was the spinning wings kept the mosquitoes off somewhat....but there was nowhere in the blind that the stupid thing wasn't in the way.....I was always knocking it over.....or when swinging the barrel at birds that were passing by would bump into it.
    Couldn't find any face paint so I used my wifes eye makeup....Now she's pizzed because she said it cost $15 and I used it all.
    Finally got a nice mess of black ducks with a white bill and greenish legs.....will be making some Peking duck with those mamma-jammas!

I may have to go check out these "stations" (STA's) that everyone talks about..... sounds like my kinda place.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • DropTine797DropTine797 Posts: 681 Officer
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Terrible!..... My Duck commander call didn't bring them close and believe me...I was blowing as hard as I could...non-stop...for hours!
    My Black Cloud BBB would not kill any birds out at 100 yards where they all were...not even the ones just sitting in the water!....used a whole box!
    The wind blew pretty hard and all my decoys floated away...... then some guy says that you need string and anchors...why doesn't it say so on the box?...why don't they have them on them already?....It doesn't show this on the picture on the box they came in.
    And the spinning wing decoy....the only thing it was good for was the spinning wings kept the mosquitoes off somewhat....but there was nowhere in the blind that the stupid thing wasn't in the way.....I was always knocking it over.....or when swinging the barrel at birds that were passing by would bump into it.
    Couldn't find any face paint so I used my wifes eye makeup....Now she's pizzed because she said it cost $15 and I used it all.
    Finally got a nice mess of black ducks with a white bill and greenish legs.....will be making some Peking duck with those mamma-jammas!

I may have to go check out these "stations" (STA's) that everyone talks about..... sounds like my kinda place.

LMFAO. That's gold right there I don't care what anybody says.^
    Seven down, Eight to go.
  • swamphunterswamphunter Posts: 179 Officer
    Nice pics mario. Sunday was a great morning and tons of fun hope to get to hunt with u guys again.
  • Red612Red612 Posts: 284 Deckhand
    Duckmanjr that funny right there I dont care who u are.

Merrit Island no birds = no pics. LMFAO.

Love the makeup on HUNTING1987s photos.
  • Camocam813Camocam813 Posts: 244 Deckhand
    1 lousy bird Sun morning!
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Captain
    Hunted sat and Sunday am which yielded us out 3 limits both mornings 95% teal blue and green wing nice to see the little greenies in good numbers and there was 2 shovelers and a mottled killed in our group
    dyvyvusa.jpg
    hyjubu2u.jpg
    And no that's not our bird dog we don't have one just 3 spoiled house dogs and no that's not a want to be duck commander beard it's a combination o no shave November and beards for conservation for DU
  • james 14james 14 Posts: 3,160 Moderator
    Big Mak wrote: »
    There is no reason to be running on 2 hrs of sleep...

Yes there is.

Nice birds, hunting1987. I'd like to get out there one day and bust a few...but I'd probably like it too much.
  • roachbusterroachbuster Posts: 553 Officer
    Derek i wish i could get my woman to hunt with me..her idea of outdoors is an outdoor mall..
    It has its ups and downs mainly ups. She dosnt want to hunt the lake with me lol but if its an STA she's in so I guess the lake is guy time for me and always good to go stomp around and run the boat in my learning place.
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    I did horrible! Had a couple nice Woodys come flying over my stand right at dawn. Temptation got the best of me and the ought six spoke, but never cut a feather. That's hunting I guess.. :wink
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,265 AG
    flydown wrote: »
    I did horrible! Had a couple nice Woodys come flying over my stand right at dawn. Temptation got the best of me and the ought six spoke, but never cut a feather. That's hunting I guess.. :wink

Morning wood huh.... :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Morning wood huh.... :rotflmao

Yup!
  • HealyrdHealyrd Posts: 50 Deckhand
    STA 3/4 sunday afternoon shot 6 blue teal and a ringer with my little brother
  • saltyducksaltyduck Posts: 24 Deckhand
    Saturday - limit of bwt, Sunday - repeat of Saturday
  • bloodbathbloodbath Posts: 387 Officer
    CrashDuck wrote: »
    Nice facepaint
    Opening day was awesome. 16 molted 7 woodies and 13 bluewing teal. Gonna be a great season.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,873 Captain
    You had 15 people hunting?:hairraiser
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • 4PLAY4PLAY Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    Few short of a three man limit sat am on stand by 1 mottle rest bwt managed to knock down two hefty pigs (boar and sow) in hungry land later that afternoon. Managed to get drawn sun am as well 2 mottles and a drake shoveler rest bwt and ringers. Great weekend for sure, good luck the rest of the season to all.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,340 AG
    You had 15 people hunting?:hairraiser

Think you will get an answer?
    bloodbath wrote: »
    Opening day was awesome. 16 molted 7 woodies and 13 bluewing teal. Gonna be a great season.

16 mottled's??? They are one per person I hope you are just joking or were hunting with 7 other both days
    16 mottled's??? They are one per person I hope you are just joking or were hunting with 7 other both days

He's just trying to get a rise out of people, Derek. That's kinda how he trolls, er, rolls..
    We had 23 people it was a charity youth hunt on private land.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,873 Captain
    Where were the "youth's"? :grin
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    Where were the "youth's"? :grin
    In the Duck blinds where else. :huh