Skip to main content
Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

They are already talking BLACK OUT for Jags Sept 11....

Man ticket sales must really be in the stinker, huh...

They are already talking blackout for the Jags Sept 11 game.

And let me be the first to tell you "so-called" fans....just because the poor owners locked out the players, all those months, just because the players hold out before fulfilling their original contracts, just because these supposedly "superstars" are demanding 100 million dollars and up......you need not let any of that stop you.

Oh don't give me that old..."look at the unemployment", don't cry to us about losing your jobs...WE ARE THE NFL !! You owe it to us and the city to "hawk the farm", to get the money to buy season tickets, preferably for 3 to 5 years.....you know, so we don't have to beg next year.

And if you don't you ask?....Well here's what WE are gonna do....(WE being the big bad NFL) .... We are gonna black your azzes out!! That's right...BLACKOUT!! It pokes you in the chest, with our burly NFL fingers, doesn't it ??

If you are a sponsor and you bought advertising on the network carrying the game....guess what?, nobody's gonna see it, unless you drive to Orlando to watch the game....and the poor Orlando people are gonna be asking themselves...who and where is billy bobs mexican pizza joint ??:rolleyes

Yes we know the cameras are going to be there...too bad!!

This is our way (the big NFL) OF PUNISHING YOU FOR NOT BUYING TICKETS .... PERIOD :Rockon You've all heard the advertising....IT'S time you step up !!


:puke :puke



There I got that off my chest.

You may now carry on with your regularly scheduled program........


Steve
«1

Replies

  • brad safreedbrad safreed Posts: 562 Officer
    Who cares? The first half of the season is too hot for football and most of us will be out on the water anyway and if you want to see any of the games when it cools down then just buy a ticket and watch the game in person.
  • PhinaticalPhinatical Posts: 864 Officer
    Sea Snake wrote: »
    ....just because the poor owners locked out the players, all those months, just because the players hold out before fulfilling their original contracts, just because these supposedly "superstars" are demanding 100 million dollars and up......you need not let any of that stop you.
    Yep, pretty much sums it up for me too.
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,536 Admiral
    Who cares? The first half of the season is too hot for football and most of us will be out on the water anyway and if you want to see any of the games when it cools down then just buy a ticket and watch the game in person.


    I hear ya...I'd much rather listen to Lageman while fishing any day :Rockon....he's much better than some third string network broadcaster anyway, that they send to do the Jags games.

    Steve
  • RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,962 Captain
    Sea Snake wrote: »
    I hear ya...I'd much rather listen to Lageman while fishing any day :Rockon....he's much better than some third string network broadcaster anyway, that they send to do the Jags games.

    Steve
    Boselli is the absolute WORSE broadcaster EVER!
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,536 Admiral
    Redaction wrote: »
    Boselli is the absolute WORSE broadcaster EVER!



    Agreed.........did you hear him going on about if Scoobee made the kick, the jags would win??...when the new OT rules state otherwise??...classic.:willynilly And nobody in the booth corrected him.


    On another note; Has anybody heard from Chucky since Sat night....I'm worried about him, hope he didn't jump through the window, after the first quarter....

    Somebody tell him the Publix bag boys, came back and took it to OT :Rockon.....But try not to mention that Scoobee shanked one in OT...


    Steve
  • madashellmadashell Posts: 816 Officer
    Scoobedo got a pay raise at Winn Dixie and dont care about no kicking. Bagging is in.
    I will hit the lottery...I will hit the lottery :crossed
  • PhinaticalPhinatical Posts: 864 Officer
    Sea Snake wrote: »
    Agreed.........did you hear him going on about if Scoobee made the kick, the jags would win??...when the new OT rules state otherwise??...classic.:willynilly And nobody in the booth corrected him.

    I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard then Boselli. He is the worst. And yes, I was wondering why no one said anything to him about that RIGHT AFTER the officials said it to the players at the coin toss.
  • Airborne15Airborne15 Posts: 256 Officer
    I thought it was interesting that they kept us entertained during all the reviews, "Theres no way that this can be overturned", or "That has to be a fumble". Of course, everytime time Boselli said something it was wrong, I think the refs were listening to them while under the hood and said, just do the opposite of what Boselli says.
    John
    President,
    Florida Pier Anglers Association (FPAA)
    2012-2013
  • Bowd upBowd up Posts: 1,115 Officer
    Id rather listen to Boselli than that clown Brian Sexton. go to any other nfl city and there guy blows us away. guys with real emotion for the teams . everyones used to his weak play by play now and we will never get rid of him.
    ]
  • madashellmadashell Posts: 816 Officer
    Sexton is a goofball. I dont care for him either. But we better get use to them both unless Weaver hands out tickets at your local grocery check out.
    I will hit the lottery...I will hit the lottery :crossed
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Geezes, I guess I can count on seeing most of you outside Publix in your green uniforms selling thin mints.

    What a bunch of girls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowd upBowd up Posts: 1,115 Officer
    some of us have other things to do. Im out of town most weekends during football .Might go to 1 or 2 games a yr so why would i buy season tickets???

    DO I want to miss an awesome trip of a lifetime to see the jags fold up.Been there done that. games over , feelin low and thinkin **** , wish i would have went huntin. maybe its the gators fault.hahaha after sat gator games, the fans are too hung over to go to the jags.
    ]
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,536 Admiral
    ChuckD wrote: »
    Geezes, I guess I can count on seeing most of you outside Publix in your green uniforms selling thin mints.

    What a bunch of girls.



    Oh there you are.....

    Good, I was worried you jumped through the picture window for a minute there......:Glass.....after that first half.


    Steve
  • ElementElement Posts: 1,749 Officer
    Other than the "negotiations" slowing down season ticket sales (nobody wanted to buy season tickets if they're not sure there's going to be a full or ANY season), the fact remains Jack-off Del Rio is STILL the head coach and Garrard is STILL the starting quarterback and that's reason enough to not be interested in going to a game.
  • madashellmadashell Posts: 816 Officer
    Element wrote: »
    Other than the "negotiations" slowing down season ticket sales (nobody wanted to buy season tickets if they're not sure there's going to be a full or ANY season), the fact remains Jack-off Del Rio is STILL the head coach and Garrard is STILL the starting quarterback and that's reason enough to not be interested in going to a game.

    Here here...:beer
    I will hit the lottery...I will hit the lottery :crossed
  • PhinaticalPhinatical Posts: 864 Officer
    I'll be all over FSU games on the weekends and I will watch Jags games if they are televised, but I am not going to buy tickets to go see them. I would rather buy FSU tickets and make that drive to Tally. And this comes from someone who can get free club seat tickets to almost any Jags game if I want them, with a parking pass most of the time. I just don't see the passion in the players anymore and therefore I have lost my passion for them. When a team has a bad series and they come off the field smiling and cutting up and smacking each other on the behind, where is that passion? You should come off the field ticked, ready to rip someone's throat out and get back in there and do it again the next series. I don't see that in the Jags. Its just all smiles and rhetoric after each bad series.
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    madashell wrote: »
    Here here...:beer

    Getting people to go is something the Jags struggle with even when they are good, and have since Winn Dixie bought the tickets during playoff runs. It's a small market and the few hundred thousand people with money in this town have a lot of options on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon. I certainly get that and can't blame you one bit.

    However, you're not going because of one coach, or one player, so quit acting like Jack Del Rio and David Garrard took your first born, "Building model airplanes" said Jack. Next thing you know, there's money missing of your dresser and your daughter is knocked up. He's just a coach and a QB. Obviously both's days are numbered and the glorious moment will arise when the droves of millions of fans will come out of the woodwork, will stop hoarding their ticket money, and fork it over with the hope a new coach and a new QB bring to the disgruntled anti-Jack Del Rio clan. The sun will shine on Jacksonville and the very next season, we'll go on a run that rivals the 70's Steelers because we'll have a new coach and a new QB!! CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

    If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the front office for giving him crap for talent the last six years. Billy B wouldn't have made the playoffs with the talent level we've had here. Players and coaches come and go. It's just a game for crying out loud. Let it go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Phinatical wrote: »
    I'll be all over FSU games on the weekends and I will watch Jags games if they are televised, but I am not going to buy tickets to go see them. I would rather buy FSU tickets and make that drive to Tally. And this comes from someone who can get free club seat tickets to almost any Jags game if I want them, with a parking pass most of the time. I just don't see the passion in the players anymore and therefore I have lost my passion for them. When a team has a bad series and they come off the field smiling and cutting up and smacking each other on the behind, where is that passion? You should come off the field ticked, ready to rip someone's throat out and get back in there and do it again the next series. I don't see that in the Jags. Its just all smiles and rhetoric after each bad series.

    Thanks Vince Lombardi.

    They're professionals. Do you pout and get angry and pissed off and throw things at your job when things don't go your way? Doubtful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madashellmadashell Posts: 816 Officer
    Your analogy between my job and "their job(game), is seriously flawed. Keep drinking that koolaid. To quote McEnroe, "YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS"!
    I will hit the lottery...I will hit the lottery :crossed
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    madashell wrote: »
    Your analogy between my job and "their job(game), is seriously flawed. Keep drinking that koolaid. To quote McEnroe, "YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS"!

    What koolaid am I drinking? I like to go watch football, Jaguars, UF, FSU, UCF, UK, etc. Hell, I usually go watch a few high school and JU games every year. Just like Phinatical does at FSU games, my whole family comes up and we make a weekend out of it here for Jaguars games. We take the boats, we go out to eat, we go out downtown after the games and we have a blast. So to me, it involves more than just who the QB and coach are. We have fun regardless.

    I just think it's funny you've gotta come on here and bash the games/team/coach as your reason not to go watch football games here, like driving to FSU to watch a below average team because you dislike our QB and coach, or just because they play 7 cake teams a year and win 60-0? I'd much rather watch a 14-10 game here at home with my family/friends than drive to UF to watch them win 45-0.

    The comparison is that it is a JOB and they're doing their job. As soon as Garrard throws a helmet after a bad play, you'll be the first one on here saying he's not a good roll model for your kids.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fishin Blue WaterFishin Blue Water Posts: 219 Deckhand
    When I moved to FL I thought I was moving to a state that is very "football smart". They get the game, understand football. I couldn't have been more wrong. It has become apparent to me that they are, in fact, only interested in watching games that where their team has a distinct athletic advantage over the vast majority of their opponents. Well, in the NFL that is not possible for any length of time. Free agency is structured in such a way that one team cannot afford to keep all of the best players.

    I find it hard to believe that anyone who has spent even a modest amount of time following the Jaguars isn't excited about the direction the front office has been going in both the draft and free agency. Gone are the days of Jerry Proter and the big contract to the over-the-hill former stars. We are building a solid defence with players who should have years of good play still in them. We have addressed the QB position by drafting the player many thought was the top QB in the draft. I would be surprised if we didn't look to find Gabbert a top notch reciever next year. My point is simple: We are moving in the right direction. You can't reverse what Shack Harris did to this team in a couple of years. It takes time and we are trending towards that time.

    Now, the Jaguars marketing efforts are, in my opinion, embarassing. I would never go to the games because I am worried that the team might leave. Or because the city needs them. I go to the games because I love to go, I like the direction the team is heading and I am lucky enough to have the opportunity. That being said, I am sure I will miss a few to go fishing or to visit friends and I can assure you that I won't feel bad about it. If there are only a few games you want to go to then buy single game tickets.

    I still feel that the local population is too accustomed to teams that start every game with a huge talent edge for an NFL team to be a long term success here and, therefore, Weaver, as a businessman, should move the team elsewhere.

    Brian
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    When I moved to FL I thought I was moving to a state that is very "football smart". They get the game, understand football. I couldn't have been more wrong. It has become apparent to me that they are, in fact, only interested in watching games that where their team has a distinct athletic advantage over the vast majority of their opponents. Well, in the NFL that is not possible for any length of time. Free agency is structured in such a way that one team cannot afford to keep all of the best players.

    I find it hard to believe that anyone who has spent even a modest amount of time following the Jaguars isn't excited about the direction the front office has been going in both the draft and free agency. Gone are the days of Jerry Proter and the big contract to the over-the-hill former stars. We are building a solid defence with players who should have years of good play still in them. We have addressed the QB position by drafting the player many thought was the top QB in the draft. I would be surprised if we didn't look to find Gabbert a top notch reciever next year. My point is simple: We are moving in the right direction. You can't reverse what Shack Harris did to this team in a couple of years. It takes time and we are trending towards that time.

    Now, the Jaguars marketing efforts are, in my opinion, embarassing. I would never go to the games because I am worried that the team might leave. Or because the city needs them. I go to the games because I love to go, I like the direction the team is heading and I am lucky enough to have the opportunity. That being said, I am sure I will miss a few to go fishing or to visit friends and I can assure you that I won't feel bad about it. If there are only a few games you want to go to then buy single game tickets.

    I still feel that the local population is too accustomed to teams that start every game with a huge talent edge for an NFL team to be a long term success here and, therefore, Weaver, as a businessman, should move the team elsewhere.

    Brian

    Well said Brian.

    There's always been an excuse here. Coughlin had two losing seasons and the fans **** near ran him out of town. Weaver HAD to fire him because the fan backlash was so great. Then, he goes to NYC and wins a Superbowl. Good job fans.

    Then it was get rid of Brunnel and we'll buy tickets, draft a future QB and we'll buy tickets. We drafted Leftfoot, and Garrard. Everyone hated Lefty, pulled for Garrard. Now Garrard is the starter, so everyone pulls for Luke McCown or Gabbert. It's tough to satisfy this fan base quite honestly. This thread just sites more examples.

    I mention the same thing you do and to me, that's exactly why college football will never be as attractive to me as the NFL. 8 of their games are against FAR less talented teams with FAR less money to spend on athletic programs and talent. I can't imagine playing for some of those teams who take 50 point beatings every week just to get the UFs of the world on their schedule.

    I'd much rather watch NFL games and like you said, the teams are just too close. I'd even go as far to say that last year was probably Jack's BEST COACHING JOB ever, because he had tons of injuries and very little developed talent at almost ANY position. He still managed to get them a shot at the division and come out 8-8. Last year's team was a 3-4 win team talent wise.

    That said, these fence sitters have been giving excuses for years and I've lost hope and at this point, could care less if they ever buy tickets. Soon as they do and we lose one game by 10 points, they'll be back to the complaining board calling everyone a bum and saying how pro athletes are ruining their lives, in Steve's case.

    I don't think people know football any better down here. I think great football players COME from here but we've got so many delusional college fans, I think all the pro teams in this state suffer, and they obviously do. Tampa won't have a game on TV this year either and Miami will start the season with blackouts just like us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Brad said it pretty well this morning:

    "Although I am excited about the Seminoles' possible return to prominence, college football remains a joke. These cakewalk games are ridiculous and the BCS system is archaic, unfair, and inconclusive. The best football will continue to be played on Sunday and the NFL produces an undisputed champion; determined on the field, every year."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElementElement Posts: 1,749 Officer
    ChuckD wrote: »
    What koolaid am I drinking? I like to go watch football, Jaguars, UF, FSU, UCF, UK, etc. Hell, I usually go watch a few high school and JU games every year. Just like Phinatical does at FSU games, my whole family comes up and we make a weekend out of it here for Jaguars games. We take the boats, we go out to eat, we go out downtown after the games and we have a blast. So to me, it involves more than just who the QB and coach are. We have fun regardless.

    I just think it's funny you've gotta come on here and bash the games/team/coach as your reason not to go watch football games here, like driving to FSU to watch a below average team because you dislike our QB and coach, or just because they play 7 cake teams a year and win 60-0? I'd much rather watch a 14-10 game here at home with my family/friends than drive to UF to watch them win 45-0.

    The comparison is that it is a JOB and they're doing their job. As soon as Garrard throws a helmet after a bad play, you'll be the first one on here saying he's not a good roll model for your kids.

    The reason I don't go to games is because I could'nt care less about football. I'm just making the point that you can only have so many losing seasons with the same leadership before some of your fan base is going to lose interest. I really believe it's in the best interest of the team (and the local economy) to change the coach and the QB. I know plenty of fans that were very disappointed to see either of them back for the last two seasons, let alone this one.
  • Fishin Blue WaterFishin Blue Water Posts: 219 Deckhand
    Leadership was changed when they fired GM Shack Harris who was in the top leadership position. We have addressed the QB issue by drafting Gabbert (and it makes exactly zero sense to start a 21yr old guy who has only been with the team for a month). Also, we have only had two losing seasons in the last seven.

    2010: 8-8
    2009: 7-9
    2008: 5-11
    2007: 11-5
    2006: 8-8
    2005: 12-4
    2004: 9-7
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,536 Admiral
    ChuckD wrote: »






    That said, these fence sitters have been giving excuses for years and I've lost hope and at this point, could care less if they ever buy tickets. Soon as they do and we lose one game by 10 points, they'll be back to the complaining board calling everyone a bum and saying how pro athletes are ruining their lives, in Steve's case.

    WHAT??...in Steve's case ??

    First off, who said anything about these players ruining anyone's lives...sure I think they are all overpaid, so what??...That sure ain't ruining my life :rolleyes

    Secondly we are all not fence sitters, some of us (me included) have had season tickets since they got here...hell, I had 12 for several years....and sat through a whole lot of **** whippins when we stunk it up for a while there. Sat there during the AFC championship game, where we had it won only to watch the Titans roll us in the second half....talk about a tough loss.

    This thread and my opinion, is about these stupid blackouts that the NFL imposes on the fans. Fans that in the past have supported this team (and any other NFL team). Fans that would support them by buying season tickets had they not lost their jobs, their homes, ect, ect....

    The blackouts are sanctions....forms of punishment....a finger in your chest.

    "It's your fault Fans, so take that".

    And in my opinion...it's pompous and arrogant....I don't give a crap if you agree with me or not, it's my opinion.

    So banter back and forth if you like, that's cool with me, but don't think for one minute that any pro athlete....especially a Jaguar is ever gonna ruin my life......:willynilly



    Oh and Garrard was here before Leftwich...brought in by Caughlin, btw....I thought you'd know that.

    And in my opinion Caughlin was a **** good coach....we were much better off with him.....than some "player's coach" who yuks it up on the sidelines win or lose, with the players.

    But you're right about one thing, the head coach doesn't win or lose these games, in our case anyway.....



    Steve
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Players play, coaches coach.

    Do you really think I didn't know Coughlin drafted G.Rad?

    The main problem this team has had is finishing seasons. If they can finish, and that's on the players, they can compete. It's a QB league and the team really is doing things the right way. I did hear the other day that there isn't anyone on the team who wasn't a team captain on their college team at some point. That's pretty crazy.

    I get your point Steve, **** the NFL. They want people in the games. About 25 other cities do it and Green Bay is adding 6500 seats to their stadium. They've had plenty of bad seasons the last 10 years too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,536 Admiral
    ChuckD wrote: »


    I get your point Steve, **** the NFL. They want people in the games. About 25 other cities do it and Green Bay is adding 6500 seats to their stadium. They've had plenty of bad seasons the last 10 years too.


    That's because Green Bay , is very small and basically the whole town, and nearby towns for that matter, are all about the Packers. Because their Dads were Packers fans, and their Grandads were Packers fans, and probably their great grandads were Packers fans.

    They were fans way back when the players played for one team their whole careers. They endeared themselves on a whole city and generations of fans, because they played that game back when it was played like it was meant to be played....with passion, and grit.....(uh oh, I'm sounding like a movie trailer here...)

    But you know exactly why the Packers will always sell out, and will always have that fan base...it's called fan loyalty.

    And sadly, in this day and age, fan loyalty is non existent ...because fans can no longer relate to just one player to play on their team. They all have these agents that have pimped these players out to the highest bidders. They hold out, even when their contracts are not near being up, just because they made a few plays the previous year. They jump from team to team....and team loyalty is lost between these teams and these hot shot owners....and is only talked about amongst them in hushed whispers.

    It's all about the bling Daddy-oh....show me the money and I'm out of here.

    And the owners only have to look in the mirror to see the reason why....they are the ones who instituted the "lockout". So I guess it's like the old saying, you reap what you sow.

    So I ask, where are the Jags players that can make generations of fans want to buy season tickets no matter if we suck or not....was it Brunnel ??...Bosselli ??...Jimmy Smith ??

    ...now we have who, MOJO ?? ...GARRARD ??....Are they gonna be around when their contracts are up, Garrard will probably retire.....and the book's still out on MOJO.

    SO AGAIN, IN MY OPINION....the jags need to figure out how to make generations of fans loyal to these Jaguars...that's the bottom line.

    And in my opinion , blacking out games (by the NFL or otherwise) is a stupid business decision....especially with this economy and these times.



    Steve
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,450 Captain
    Yeah Green Bay doesn't worry about blackouts. The Packers have sold out every home game since 1960. Their fans are on waiting lists for tickets so they can watch GB players that haven't been born yet! ...a little different than our situation... :grin
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Mark O. wrote: »
    Yeah Green Bay doesn't worry about blackouts. The Packers have sold out every home game since 1960. Their fans are on waiting lists for tickets so they can watch GB players that haven't been born yet! ...a little different than our situation... :grin

    Exactly, and we're a 15 year old team with ONE generation of fans. They have many generations of fans, as do lots of teams. We need time for kids who were young when we got the team to get to be professionals and buy tickets. That's happening now and will only get better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Digital Now Included!

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

Preview This Month's Issue

Buy Digital Single Issues

Don't miss an issue.
Buy single digital issue for your phone or tablet.

Buy Single Digital Issue on the Florida Sportsman App

Other Magazines

See All Other Magazines

Special Interest Magazines

See All Special Interest Magazines

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Florida Sportsman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement

Phone Icon

Get Digital Access.

All Florida Sportsman subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets.

To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine.

Get Digital Access

Not a Subscriber?
Subscribe Now