Another Successful Night Dive!-Palm Beach

SOFLO AnglerSOFLO Angler Posts: 29 Greenhorn
Tuesday had a break in the waves so headed out at around 10pm when my buddy got of work. On the water we saw coast guard boats and helicopters everywhere searching for those in the recent plane crash off the coast (hope all have been found and ok, prayers go out to them and their family). Finally able to drop in at around 11:30ish.

Did our scouting and came across our first nice bug got him in the bag and a few minutes later plugged a 14in hog. After some time of not seeing much but a few turtles and octopus I came across a nice bug backed in a coral head with 2 ways out with me and my buddy on each side, I spooked out one side and we had him in the bag. Right after we got that guy I see a huge snout poking out under a ledge, landed a perfect shot through one cheek out the other, this being the biggest hog I've seen in person and the biggest I've ever bagged I was screaming underwater. We surfaced for a min right after and I guess the coast guard heard our screams of joy and came to check us out, after everything was cleared we went back down to finish up the dive. Landed 2 more nice bugs and headed in. All in all probably one of the best dives I have ever done. Saw plenty of life out there, 3 turtles, 2 octopus (or octopi?), and lots of bugs most of which were under.

Replies

• fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    Dang thats a great day, thats a huge hog for this side. Congrats.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • bitshortbitshort Posts: 243 Deckhand
    Great job!! nice Hog.
  • George1George1 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Were you scuba diving or free diving?
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,812 Admiral
    George1 wrote: »
    Were you scuba diving or free diving?

Notice tank, bc and regulator in bottom left of picture.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• cuda141cuda141 Posts: 618 Officer
    Hell Yeah....Big Hog and some nice Bugs....Congrats!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Capt. Cuda's Parts & Charters
    http://www.cudascustoms.com/index.htm