Home Tropics

Man O War

tijeretatijereta Posts: 231 Deckhand
Are there any places to eat out in Man O War ? Tried to search but could not come up with anything.

Thank you !

Replies

• Blue ZoneBlue Zone Posts: 414 Officer
    It's an alcohol free cay, so there's probably not much in the way of restaurants in fact I don't recall seeing one.
  • alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,666 Captain
    there is a nice restaurant in the harbour called drop n dine. nice place, but no alcohol

• GuanacayGuanacay Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    It's at the marina. Dock n Dine. No alcohol but they are okay with BYOB. We take a cooler of beer and wine. Good food at reasonable prices.
  • tijeretatijereta Posts: 231 Deckhand
    Great !!
    I will give it a try.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    We had a very nice lunch at the main Marina and the open air restaurant there overlooks the harbour and Marina.

OBB-Abaco2009079.jpg
    Gary M, is this the Dock n Dine that was mentioned above?
    Any other eateries and/or bars close by ( other cays ), that I should not miss ? Suggestions welcomed !
  • alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,666 Captain
    the little restaurant on the beach at treasure cay (coco beach bar and grill). it makes some of the best grouper fingers i've had in the bahamas and the beach is one of the best i have ever seen. absolutely beautiful.

and yes, that picture is of the dock n dine. we've had a few good meals there.

by the way, while on man o war, it is worth walking around the island. very special. you can see the albury boat factory, a store that makes fantastic and high quality canvas products and lola's bakery (a house), where you can buy bahamas bread, cinnamon rolls, key lime pie and all other sorts of stuff.

it is one of my favorite islands in the abacos

not sure if you have a copy of dodge's cruising guide. but that is a must-have book because it will have all the information you will need.

Alacrity, yes I have an old copy of Dodge's guide, which should be good for cruising around. Probably outdated for places to eat, etc.
    I stayed at MOW a couple of times, about 20 years ago, and loved it. I remember buying fresh bread at a house, not sure if it was Lola's.
    I also remember there was a house, that I ordered take out food that was delicious. Not sure if they are around, but will find out.

Thank you for the info.