Calico.jack

Any in put on the calico jack series rods
time enjoyed wasted is not wasted time

Replies

• ZOFCHAKZOFCHAK Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    I have one of the 7' medium action spinning models and for the price I guess it's "Ok"... IMO it's worth the extra couple of bucks to upgrade to their Hurricane Redbone series of rods. Much better quality components, more eyes, and they seem to be more sensitive.
  • GregHGregH Posts: 241 Deckhand
    ZOFCHAK wrote: »
    IMO it's worth the extra couple of bucks to upgrade to their Hurricane Redbone series of rods. Much better quality components, more eyes, and they seem to be more sensitive.

+ 1

I do think the Calico Jacks are a good rod for the price though. My old roomie had a few and was happy with them. I had a few Redbones and you could tell the difference in sensitivity.
  • bobert421bobert421 Posts: 397 Deckhand
    I was fishing with my dad last week who just got one. He seemed to like it. He has the light rod. He was using it for nice sized Redfish with no problems.
    New Facebook page, REPORT PICTURES HERE----> ChumBucket Fishing

276076f7-540f-451a-8de4-ba7229b19a11_zps746ac5e0.jpg
  • JollymonJollymon Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    i have 3 and love them. I have them paired with 2500 Shimano Old Style Symetre's and New Model Sahara. They get the job done just as good as a loomis or Croix for 1/3 of the cost.
  • jcbonejcbone Posts: 54 Greenhorn
    Never tried the calico jack rods but I have a 7ft medium action hurricane redbone that I love! Pairing it up with a brand new saharas 2500 that's being shipped as we speak, can't wait!
  • salty dawgsalty dawg Posts: 110 Officer
    I just got a 7'MH for my 3000 Saros. I had been fishing it with 8lb mono and a medium action rod, perfect mackerel jigging set up, but missing alot of hook sets fishing the bigger soft plastics, inshore. I went to 15lb invisobraid, and it is working great on the canal bass.(cant wait to put it to the snook test)
    I looked at a bunch of stuff out there, and could not bring myself to pull the trigger on the high end rods (as pretty as they are) I like the feel of it, and for my use, I think it will be just fine.
  • yakhunteryakhunter Posts: 135 Deckhand
    I have had a couple Calico Jacks and they are a great value, performing really well for the bucks. After five years or so the guides on mine rusted out.

I think the more expensive Redbones are an even better value because they come with a lifetime warranty. Redbone is great with customer service. I just got a brand new rod after the ceramic insert on one of my guides fell out. I have more expensive rods, but I don't mind using the Redbones one bit.
  • r00kieAnglerr00kieAngler Posts: 258 Deckhand
  • salty dawgsalty dawg Posts: 110 Officer
    I did not see any of the redbones where I was shopping (****) thanks for the heads up
    yakhunter wrote: »
    I have had a couple Calico Jacks and they are a great value, performing really well for the bucks. After five years or so the guides on mine rusted out.

I think the more expensive Redbones are an even better value because they come with a lifetime warranty. Redbone is great with customer service. I just got a brand new rod after the ceramic insert on one of my guides fell out. I have more expensive rods, but I don't mind using the Redbones one bit.