Home Conservation Front

The will of the majority

2»

Replies

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,454 AG
    Sounds like a net was found strung between A Cut and Rocky Creek in Upper Tampa Bay just yesterday.

IMG_1259_zps85836b2c.jpeg

http://forums.capmel.com/post/gill-net-utb-6618795
    No self respecting commercial fisherman would fish a piece of shizz like that...
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    pottydoc wrote: »
    Those links have been posted on here many times. It wouldn't make any difference anyway, neither you, Easy, or any other commercial ever lets facts get in your way. Plus, I'm pretty sure Alaskan salmon, cod, and monk fish aren't caught in gill nets. I'm having a little trouble figuring out why you think a majority rule crucified Christ since the Romans were in charge, and they weren't the majority. I can give you references if you want to read that story yourself. And for what it's worth, I'm a 5th generation Cracker (at least), so your "since you migrated here" comment is kinda meaningless. I doubt seriously your family has been here any longer.
    I'm pretty sure most Alaskan salmon are caught by gill net or purse seine, but you should know that..

On the crucifixion I should have specified mob rule, my bad, long day.

Proud of you being a cracker even though that comment was directed at Gary..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    And that is why you and this tiresome effort to recreate a past that never existed fail to accept or convince others of.

As for Christ and the mob, I'm afraid that is largely as fictional as your defense.
    History tells us that the Romans were not known to engage those they occupied in their judicial processing of insurgents. It makes for good storytelling though.

In the future please refrain from quoting the bible in your defense, we get that far too often from the self- righteous recalcitrants who by their actions know little of it and practice it's precepts even less.
    Never have tried to recreate a past on this forum, I realize it's futile. I will answer questions or try to correct misconceptions to my best ability without any deception.
    When the shizz gets flung, I have a hard time not picking it up and flinging it back(just one of my faults, I guess).

I should have specified mob rule on the crucifixion, again my bad.

Got a chuckle out of the self righteous recalcitrant's, I'm more of a reprobate.

When you set foot in hell Gary, stop by and say hello...

I'll be the lead singer in the band.
  • If there is a special circle of Hell reserved for internet trolls, which is the only abomination I could ever accuse you of, Art. I will. Other than that, you have given me no reason to make the trip.

I do suggest that it is simply a matter of following my guidence in this and other matters involving custodianship of His works in its avoidance. :)
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    The next time I read this "farmers of the sea" argument I think I'm going to vomit.

Farmers plan, plant, cultivate, and manage their resources. They know that if they abuse the land it'll stop producing for them and their crops will suffer.

Farmers don't gather in mobs from multiple states to plunder the local resources of areas far from their home...

Seriously...if you want to "farm" all the creeks and bayous in Upper Tampa Bay then how about I come over and plant rows of corn, peas, and tomatoes in all the green spaces in your neighborhood. Then I'll turn around and sell the veggies back to you for a profit...

so true

farmers actually own or rent the land they harvest