battery filler

saltfishrsaltfishr Posts: 93 Deckhand
My batteries are in a very difficult spot to get to anyone use this??

http://www.flow-rite.com/battery-watering/qwik-fill

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    It's a good little setup but at $35-40/per battery it's a little pricey.
    I got one of these at the autoparts store for about $10 but of course you have to have room above them. Once I switched the hard to reach ones to AGMs I don't even use it. I only have one wet flooded cell battery left.
    41THZIbtF5L._SL160_.jpg
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,566 Moderator
    how about a turkey baster????sneak it out of the kitchen , then buy her a new one..
    If you can't see down the hole it's hard to tell when it's full with a baster. Hey, it's only water give her the baster back when done.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • kanakakanaka Posts: 343 Deckhand
    If you have a battery filler laying around like is pictured in Taters post, make sure you have good gaskets/o-rings in the head.
    If not, it won't stop filling when it's supposed to, ask me how I know.......:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EricLEricL Posts: 322 Officer
    When do you guys top them off with the acid instead of water?
    Never. You shouldn't really be losing acid to evaporation. If you lose acid you have to use a hydrometer and get the mix right. I haven't done that since lawnmower batteries came empty from NAPA.
  • kanakakanaka Posts: 343 Deckhand
    EricL wrote: »
    When do you guys top them off with the acid instead of water?

After one gets spilled.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EricLEricL Posts: 322 Officer
    thats what I thought. A coworker just refilled his with acid while it was at our shop on our big chargers. I always thought distilled water