First selfguided Kingfish Oct 28th

We are on vacation in AMi from Germany. Trolled around the crab buoys 1.5 Miles from the shore of AMI to catch some Macks. After a while put a white/red yozuri on the Second rod. It only lasted minutes until brake was singing....got my 9yo son to the rod and steered he boat to the fish. that was the result.

Replies

• joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,254 Captain
    Nice one. Fun stuff.
  • Anclote KeyAnclote Key Posts: 2,354 Officer
    Very cool! You makin' dip?
    The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus
  • CanebrakeCanebrake Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    I hope to get a couple for dip. Nice catch
  • guifriguifri Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    I'm from Germany. what is the meaning of dip?
  • Snookslayer772Snookslayer772 Posts: 170 Officer
    king fish dip! its awesome. look up a recipe for it.
    My smoker is in Germany. So, i cooked it on the plank and ate the plank ;-)
  • CanebrakeCanebrake Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    guifri wrote: »

Next time buy some old bay seasoning and coat the filet. Boil some water and toss it in for a minute or so. Pretty good
  • SlamaholicSlamaholic Posts: 389 Officer
    Nice job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quality Performance Apparel, Realistic Prices.
    www.ReloGear.Com
    I was just kidding. Made a marinade Out of Soysauce, Teryaki, Olive Oil, Italien Dressing, Worcester Sauce, Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder and a little bit yellow mustard. Dipped and rolled the filetpieces in the marinade and then on foil on the gasgrill. It was delicious. Even my oldest son, who is very picky with fish, loved it.
  • Offshore BumOffshore Bum Posts: 32 Greenhorn
    I was just kidding. Made a marinade Out of Soysauce, Teryaki, Olive Oil, Italien Dressing, Worcester Sauce, Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder and a little bit yellow mustard. Dipped and rolled the filetpieces in the marinade and then on foil on the gasgrill. It was delicious. Even my oldest son, who is very picky with fish, loved it.

Excellent recipe. Marinating king steaks and grilling is the only way I will eat them.
  • Capt.JaredCapt.Jared Posts: 164 Officer
    Awesome job and nice king!
  • pergatronpergatron Posts: 251 Deckhand

LOL hilarious! guter Fang
  • Double ActionDouble Action Posts: 37 Deckhand
    I agree, king and spanish mackerel are great tasting fish anyway you cook them when eaten fresh, as is true for a lot of fish out there, even what might be considered throw-away. I served up broiled spanish, along with some bluefish, last night, and the kids loved it. The wife liked the soft texture and said, with the applewood rub I threw on there, it tasted like smoked oysters. Who'd a thought, but hey, I was just happy to please.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,610 Admiral

You've been here before, nice job on the king I tried a red/white yozuri too and I only got half the lure back :(

Straightened front hook and broke off rear hook.

Lure_zpsef2e4bcf.jpg
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    ouch..that was exactly like my lure. I think your predator must have been much bigger or was it a shark?
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,610 Admiral
    could have been, never did see it just as we were about to get it up to the boat it pulled. fought it for about 10 minutes.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers