Dania Beach Kingfish- Monday 10/28/2013

Even though the weather was not at it's best, I just had to fish. Had a couple of different options, but I chose to jig. Glad I did now. Enjoy the little video I threw together, on this decent sized kingfish I caught. Thanks for watching guys. Till next time.

Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.

Replies

• Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    Very respectable king! Nice job!

I have yet to hook one on a jig. They just cut me off.

Keep up the good work!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale
  • Ericjames22Ericjames22 Posts: 377 Officer
    Nice catch!
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    Thanks guys. This was 40" to the fork in the tail. I didn't weigh it though. I almost lost him to a bite off. He snipped one of the two jig hooks, right off.
  • kitesfrkitesfr Posts: 356 Officer
    NICE!!!
    :thumbsup
    Fair winds and following seas!
    kitesfr wrote: »
    NICE!!!
    :thumbsup

Nicest Kingfish I ever caught. Thanks. I guess all the tips the forum guys have given me, have helped me quite a bit.:hail
    The forum seems to be having some glitches. I posted twice a response to Poseidon 10/31 about the gaff, but both my response, and the original question, have disappeared. I attached a pointed threaded rod, alongside of the gaff. This functions as both a gaff and also similar to a spear gaff used by other anglers.
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    For some reason some comments got deleted so I will say it again, Nice fish KayakFrank :beer Did you get a measurement on it?
  • AC_YaKAC_YaK Posts: 54 Deckhand
    solid gaff shot man
    For some reason some comments got deleted so I will say it again, Nice fish KayakFrank :beer Did you get a measurement on it?
    Hey Flats Broke. Yeah, the size was 40" to the center of the fork, in the tail. I know much bigger have been caught, but not by me. I didn't weigh the fish, but it was on the heavy side. I will weigh the next one :wink LOL! Hopefully soon enough.

Thanks for taking the time to re-do the comment Flats Broke.
    AC_YaK wrote: »
    solid gaff shot man

Thanks. There was no time to play around with this fish. Bring him up, show him off to the camera, and in the fish bag he goes. Later guy.
  • r00kieAnglerr00kieAngler Posts: 258 Deckhand
    Nice catch !! What kayak is that ? looks spacious
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,318 Moderator
    Nice Fish!

Regarding the deleted comments, the forum server went down and was recovered from a backup, so some posts were unfortunately lost in cyberspace.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
    Nice catch !! What kayak is that ? looks spacious

Thanks. The kayak is an Ocean Kayak Malibu 2xl. When I fish the flats, I can stand on it. When offshore it is very steady, "Slow" but steady she goes. I can, but I choose not to put my trolling motor on it anymore. Gotta get a workout somehow. Not getting any younger.
    jcanracer wrote: »
    Nice Fish!

Regarding the deleted comments, the forum server went down and was recovered from a backup, so some posts were unfortunately lost in cyberspace.

I have navigated the sight, and see a lot of glitches here and there. Should be a brain buster for you guys. Later.
  • drichard1986drichard1986 Posts: 498 Officer
    :grin:grin Solid smoker there!! Also nice gaff shot bro, first try, quick and efficient
    A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends
    Thanks. The weather sucks big time now. Can't wait to go out again. 3-4 is my max, so long as winds are under 15 knots.
  • Poseidon10/31Poseidon10/31 Posts: 936 Officer
    kayakfrank wrote: »
    The forum seems to be having some glitches. I posted twice a response to Poseidon 10/31 about the gaff, but both my response, and the original question, have disappeared. I attached a pointed threaded rod, alongside of the gaff. This functions as both a gaff and also similar to a spear gaff used by other anglers.

Ya, I was wondering about that too??? That's a cool idea to combine the spear and gaff like that!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]