Any treasure coast paddle board fishers?

Hey, I just built a new paddle board and was wondering if any other stand up paddle board fishers here?

Replies

• PickledvolvoPickledvolvo Posts: 189 Officer
    Looks cool. Kit or home grown?
    "I throw empty beer cans at the TV when I'm watching the news.
    I hate republicans, I hate democrats, I hate liberals too!"
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Nice looking board. I moved to Sebastian a few mouths ago. I am still learning the water but there is a lot of great paddle board fishing up here.
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Sweet SUP, congrats on a good looking build! thumbs_up_smiley.gif
  • Jmt2404Jmt2404 Posts: 188 Officer
    Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Now I just need people to go out with lol. Paddle boarders or kayakers.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,320 Moderator
    Sweeet board!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • glenglen Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    I usually paddle in Stuart and Jupiter. Nice board
    You have to make a trip up to Sebastian. Great place to sight fish off a paddle board for reds.
    Pete, sounds good to me. where would be some good places to start?

Glen, ever venture out of the beach around tiger shores or stuart beach?
  • krashkrash Posts: 620 Officer
    Very nice looking build.. I'd love to build one of those if I only had a woodshop or a nice gift would be if someone sent me to one of the CLC boat building classes.

After the build and decking how much does that SUP weigh ?
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • glenglen Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    I've been pretty much from Jenson to south of palm beach fishing and diving.
    Thanks Krash, I haven't weighed it yet but I know it's more than clc says what they should weigh (32lbs). I filled mine with foam for more support and a piece of mind. And you not need a workshop, I built mine under a tarp in the back yard. Granted it isn't as nice as it could have been if it were built in a shop but it's good enough for me.
    glen wrote: »
    I've been pretty much from Jenson to south of palm beach fishing and diving.

Right on I want to get out there on a calm day and see if I can get towed around by a tarpon for a while. :crossed:fishing
    I am still learning the water up here. So far it has been great every where i go.
    Jmt2404 wrote: »
    Pete, sounds good to me. where would be some good places to start?

Glen, ever venture out of the beach around tiger shores or stuart beach?
    I'll have to make a trip up there soon then. How is the wind up there usually?
    Even on a windy day there is a lot of places to hide from it and still have a great day catching fish. You will have good and bad wind days.
    Right on, I've been trying marinas and small coves here in ft pierce but have only caught trout and catfish. Been trying to find some snook and snapper around some docks but haven't found the right places yet apparently. What do you do for bait while you are out? I'm trying to keep the weight down so I leave my 7' net in the truck.
    I will take my net with me. I will find bait around the islands. One throw and the well is full. Finger mullet is a hot bait right now. In time you will find your snook.
  • krashkrash Posts: 620 Officer
    2 places to hit.. N. bridge, just as you cross over it the boat ramp on the left.. hole in the mangroves where yaks launch.. paddle N. and fish the islands and flats.. and/or keep going to A1A and head N.. to Round Island park on the left, launch at the ramp or the canoe/yak dropoff launch, fish along the mangrove shoreline on the way out to the river once you reach the river fish the flats and mangrove shorelines.
    Baits, I use DOA Shrimp and Spook Jr's, some use Gold Spoons on the flats.
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
    Pete, I think I'll have to try taking mine with me. I catch a bunch before I launch but always see either better bait or run out. Just afraid of having to much weight and getting wobbly.

Krash, I fished both places you are talking about back when I had my kayak(8' yak board by ocean kayak). Round island actually has a big spot where it traps fish in during low tide. It's about a football size pool of water with 1 canal leading in, Ever heard of it? Supposedly it traps a bunch of reds and snook in there.