Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Palm Bay Bass Pro Shop?

2»

Replies

• tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    Been a lot of sarcasm about the fish tank at Bass Pro. Well i happen to have an autistic grand son and he absolutly loves to look at the fish, grandpa loves looking at the hunting and fishing gear, camping gear and boats while grandma enjoys all of it plus the clothing. I know some won't go there but i guaranyee many will, wish there was one closer to me.
  • jakedgejakedge Posts: 1,303 Officer
    tunaman wrote: »
    Been a lot of sarcasm about the fish tank at Bass Pro. Well i happen to have an autistic grand son and he absolutly loves to look at the fish, grandpa loves looking at the hunting and fishing gear, camping gear and boats while grandma enjoys all of it plus the clothing. I know some won't go there but i guaranyee many will, wish there was one closer to me.
    Tunaman - another store is slated for Daytona as well.
  • O.SEA.DO.SEA.D Posts: 648 Officer
    Bass Pro is going to do it's thing, and if anyone is worried about it it's ****'s & Sports Authority. I work at a tackle shop, in Melbourne, and I really don't see Bass Pro as a threat. I actually plan on sending them business when people come to the shop for items we don't provide, they're likely to do the same for us. The regional manager came into the shop the other day, he made a good first impression.

I've been to BPS a couple of times in Orlando and I was always impressed with how they didn't hesitate to refer me to a mom and pop shop for something they didn't carry.
    2011 Aeon Pro Guide 23'
    Etec 250
  • bay20bay20 Posts: 1,490 Officer
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Yeah, but I'm not getting Johnnie Morris to give me that big endorsement deal though...........:rotflmao

have you seen what you look like in your post you ain't pretty enough to get an endorsement :rotflmao
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG
    bay20 wrote: »
    have you seen what you look like in your post you ain't pretty enough to get an endorsement :rotflmao
    Oh, the painful truth....
    Maybe they would let me be Grand Marshall at the slot car track...in exchange for a few bags of the French burnt peanuts. :shrug
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    I think they would let you start out at a entry level position, like corner marshal.... with a few years of hard work I think you could be promoted to Grand Marshal!
    2011 Aeon Pro Guide 23'
    Etec 250
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG
    O.SEA.D wrote: »
    I think they would let you start out at a entry level position, like corner marshal.... with a few years of hard work I think you could be promoted to Grand Marshal!

I'm good with that...as long as I get the French burnt peanuts!

I heard Eric Manino put in for a fishing guide job at the fish tank...but it could just be rumor... :wink:rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • bay20bay20 Posts: 1,490 Officer
    **** a Manino joke forgot all about the lure tester lol
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    I'm good with that...as long as I get the French burnt peanuts!

I heard Eric Manino put in for a fishing guide job at the fish tank...but it could just be rumor... :wink:rotflmao

oh man! that's a good one! Maybe he can also show people how to turn 'Demo Mode' off at the fish finder display cause it could be really embarrassing if you're running a charter and your customer noticed the fish finder was on 'Demo Mode' while you are hoot'n and hollering about all the fish under the the boat :rotflmao
    2011 Aeon Pro Guide 23'
    Etec 250
  • Lunch Money SurfLunch Money Surf Posts: 1,033 Officer
    JesseJames wrote: »
    They did. They were one of the sponsors for the Hands Across The Lagoon event that took place 2(ish) months ago. Also, 50% of the revenue generated from the Night of Conservation on December 4th will be donated to a local conservation effort.

Good to hear, and your comments about the store are appreciated. I am sure I will come check the place out as I am in the market for three things in no particular order:

1. a .22 plinker
    2. a Penn 704Z
    3. these French burnt peanuts everyone is talking about