Startron - 5 years and counting!

ShelShel Posts: 1,044 Officer
Hey Bill!

I haven't posted on this subject in quite a while but figured now would be a good time. Bill, I'm sure you don't remember me but we met at the West Marine Grand Opening in Jacksonville several years ago. Anyway, repowered with twin Suzuki 175 4 strokes back in early 2008 and shortly thereafter found non-ethanol fuel to be hard to come by. Started using Startron along with E-10 fuel in July 2008, run 200 hours plus a year and change the fuel/water seperators every 7-8 months. After 5 plus years and over 1200 hours, I have had zero fuel issues or any other engines issues for that matter. Am I a believer in Startron....yes! Am I a certified chemical engineer that can give you a expert opinion on this subject...No! I'm just an average recreational boater who likes to worry more about whether the fish are biting than whether or not my boat's engines are going to quit running. The extra 7 cents a gallon it costs me for the peace of mind has been and will continue to be well worth it. :thumbsup

Shel

Replies

• Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,043 Officer
    Shel wrote: »
    Hey Bill!

I haven't posted on this subject in quite a while but figured now would be a good time. Bill, I'm sure you don't remember me but we met at the West Marine Grand Opening in Jacksonville several years ago. Anyway, repowered with twin Suzuki 175 4 strokes back in early 2008 and shortly thereafter found non-ethanol fuel to be hard to come by. Started using Startron along with E-10 fuel in July 2008, run 200 hours plus a year and change the fuel/water seperators every 7-8 months. After 5 plus years and over 1200 hours, I have had zero fuel issues or any other engines issues for that matter. Am I a believer in Startron....yes! Am I a certified chemical engineer that can give you a expert opinion on this subject...No! I'm just an average recreational boater who likes to worry more about whether the fish are biting than whether or not my boat's engines are going to quit running. The extra 7 cents a gallon it costs me for the peace of mind has been and will continue to be well worth it. :thumbsup

Shel

I have to agree. I think it's been 5 or 6 years since I started using Star-Tron. I use it on my boat and my diesel truck. The boat motor was new when I started using Star-Tron and I have never had any problems with ethanol. The motor is a Suzuki 140 and has 2000 hours and runs like the day it came out of the box.

The truck was the surprise. Once I started using Star-Tron. The engine began running smoother and my mileage improved. It felt like it was working with less effort. Definitely a great product! Tight Lines.. Pete Silot
  • BillatstarbriteBillatstarbrite Posts: 511 Officer
    Shel and Pete, thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback. Much appreciated. We know the blue juice works, but it is great to hear this from real world users.

fwiw, I use it in the car, the Harley, the Jeeps, the boat, the chainsaw, etc etc etc