Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

CFOA Auction 11/4/13

As always the auction is open to the public. New items coming in daily. Our auction will be held at The American Legion 1912a Lee road starting at 7pm. I hope to see you all there. We have close to 100 items in our silent auction also.
Here is the current list of live auction items, subject to change.

2013 Live Auction
1) Full day offshore trip on T’s Me a 33 foot contender out of Ponce Inlet, 4 anglers includes a mate, 5 anglers the crew will need to run the rigging and work the gaff. $350 dollars paid to captain day of trip to cover gas. You are bidding on the right to take this trip only. Start at 250 dollars
2) Full day bottom fishing out of Port Canaveral with John Barber 3 anglers. This trip is recommended to be taken during the month of December. The goal would be to target grouper before they close on Jan 1. $200 dollars paid to captain day of trip to cover gas. You are bidding on the right to take this trip only. Start at 175 dollars
3) Full day bottom fishing out of Ponce Inlet with Nathan Jones up to 3 anglers. This trip is fully funded by Nathan starting bid 225 dollars
4) Full Day West Coast Trip with John and Billie Carney. This trip could be a split trip with Scalloping and bottom fishing or a full day offshore. The Carney’s are fully funding this awesome trip. Let’s start this one at 300 dollars
5) ½ day inshore charter for with or two with Captain Billy Pettigrew. Another trip that is fully funded by the captain. Let’s start this one at 125 Dollars
6) Mark Whitmier is donating a day of air boat fishing on the Saint Johns River for two anglers. Targeting Shad and Crappie. This trip is also fully funded by the Captain. Let’s start this trip at 150 Dollars
7) Captain for the day. These trips are a great way to learn about a specific type of fishing. The captain will come on your boat and give you tips and tricks of a specific type of fishing.
a. Jeff Page Cobia, month of March Start at 75 dollars
b. Bill Wohler bottom fishing Start at 75 dollars
8) Sea School Captain Class 550 dollar value. Let’s start this one at 200 dollars
9) Two night Stay at the beautiful Chica Lodge on Islamorada in the keys a 700 dollar value let’s start this one at 250 dollars
10) Two Night stay at The Plantation Inn. This is a beautiful place right on the Crystal River. The Value is 300 dollars. Let’s Start this one 125 dollars
11) Catered Dinner for 6 to 8. Linda (A Chef of Your Own) will come into your house prepare and serve a 3 course menu for up to 6 people. The menu will be personalized and up to 100 dollars in cost will covered. This is a 450 dollar Value start this one a 175 dollars
Check Out the CFOA at WWW.MYCFOA.COM

Replies

• Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    What is the auction for?
  • J PageJ Page Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    It is one of the main fund raisers that supports the Central Florida Offshore Anglers. We are located in Orlando and have been around for 30 years. come out and check it out the Auction is open to the public
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but what does the disclaimer; "right to take this trip only" actually mean?
  • JethroJethro Posts: 409 Deckhand
    seems there isn't a definite answer for that and a few other questionable verbage. "The menu will be personalized and up to 100 dollars in cost will covered"
    Sorry for the delayed response I do not get to this forum often. Feel free to call me if you have other questions 407 353 0120

1)what does the disclaimer; "right to take this trip only" actually mean?
    It is hard to explain in words but I will give it a try. The Captains donate a trip to the club. Some cover the entire cost, some want the cost of bait and gas covered. The ones that want bait and gas covered is where the right to take this trip comes in. The bait and gas actual cost is determined day of the trip and paid directly to the captain. Your bid is a donation to the club and considered non refundable. I hope this helps

2)"The menu will be personalized and up to 100 dollars in cost will covered"

This one is simple The company donating will cover the first 100 dollars in food cost. If you pick a menu with high dollar items and your cost of food for 6 people comes to 150 dollars you would pay the 50 dollar difference.
    Hope to see everybody tonight. The list is growing by the day. We have some great fishing Trips, Art, Rods Reels tackle and other fishing related items. Bring your friends its open to the public
  • PP1PP1 Posts: 332 Deckhand
    I'll give this a bump.

These auctions are a GREAT way to pick up on some real deals and is a fundraiser for the CFOA. For those that may not know, the CFOA is a great club and they do a lot of good things for us as fishermen.......so it really is a win-win. Very pleased with what I was able to pick up at the FSFA auction last month.

Good luck tonight.......wish I could make it. :driver:
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green