7 Mile Lobsters Come and Enjoy the peace and quiet of KEYS !!

Boy I coudn't wait till Monday to put up my next post so here it is ! I'd like to thank those of you who had a sincere word of advice, or just a kind word for the rest of you start :backpaddle. I went out and bought myself a nice shiny stainless steel gauge made in America which I will keep on the boat for a final measurement. Don't feel comfortable with shiny reflective lure looking thing hanging next to my hand with cuda's hanging around.

So check out my lovely CRATE of Lobs all measured with steel gauge (not displayed for non-baiting purposes) and to keep the conspiracy theory patients at ease. All pics are solely intended for proof & entertainment purposes, please do not mentally or visually molest my lobsters. All participants have declined on showing any pics of ourselves due to disturbing suggestions made by some Forum Members who's interest include men's panties, stroking themselves while cruising Keys Fishing Section, criticing others, and never ever fish or post their own Pics, and long strokes on the beach.

Is this simple enough for all to see without all the freaking Drama ?

Getting ready to start tearing some heads OFF !


Lobster Heads!


They're HUGE hah ? :rotflmao




002-1.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
«1

Replies

  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    nice crate of lobs. I would probably be wise not to carry that shiny gauge but the cudas are pretty rare these days where I go. I love your sense of humor! Great report!



    My kids say that they went out today and managed 9 legal lobs from somewhere on the East coast from shore! I think that is an amazing story, but I don't have pictures like you do to prove the story!
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    Thanks I much appreciate it ! Yes it's easier to just joke about such silly matters. The best thing this weekend is the jellies are way down in numbers only thing we had to work a whole lot harder and longer to have success this weekend. It's time to hit Hawk Channel and Scuba for some !

    Certainly with over a couple a HUNDRED POSTS your word is good enough for me sir ! I was never a big fan of picture taking but now that my folks are elderly and unable to travel to keys they appreciate photo's of our adventures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChumbagChumbag Posts: 381 Officer
    With less than 10 posts, I am sure my word is worthless. Everything in the crate looks short! Just joking, congratulations.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    cool that the jellies were down. that would make weekend lobstering more fun!
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Nice haul & interesting & true comments. Well done.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,271 Officer
    I don't believe you for one second! I want to SEE the gauge put on that one in the lower left corner of the crate! Looks short from here. :)
  • flip1345flip1345 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Where on 7 mile
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    PM Sent !
    flip1345 wrote: »
    Where on 7 mile
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    Not so if you have some pics ! :rotflmao

    Thanks,
    Chumbag
    Chumbag wrote: »
    With less than 10 posts, I am sure my word is worthless. Everything in the crate looks short! Just joking, congratulations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Nice work!
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    You must have that new laser guided lobster guage fish stix, unfortunately some of the patients/members asked not to show lobster guages it seems it makes them wanna FLY off over the cuckoo's nest. :banana
    fish_stix wrote: »
    I don't believe you for one second! I want to SEE the gauge put on that one in the lower left corner of the crate! Looks short from here. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cudjoe cudacudjoe cuda Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Unless you own a dairy, that crate looks stolen. Better get those lobsters out before someone confiscates it. LOL! Nice job on the bugs.
    Andros Cuda 23'
    200 Suzuki
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Nice looking box-o-bugs! :beer

    Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com


    Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    Nice catch! Looks like you have some spaulding going on under the door.
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    I have made my last attempt at cleaning this thread up.

    No...
    Name Calling
    Accusations of poaching
    Questioning of legal size limits

    You can remark about a nice catch...and then move along

    or

    Just move along.

    It serves no purpose to make accusations via a report or perception of a picture.

    I know that in this case some members feel the need to comment because they feel goaded into it, and several have made comments in jest that weren't taken as such.

    Easiest thing is to make one more attempt at cleaning things up and hope everyone just moves along. Several members are walking a thin line on what would be considered as breaking FSFF Rules of Conduct, and could be subjected to corrective measures.

    I and FS would prefer that we just remain the big happy family that we are.

    Thank You for Understanding,
    Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com


    Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    I Totally Agree. :rolleyes

    If one wants respect they have better bring some to give !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeadfirstHeadfirst Posts: 124 Officer
    Breaking rules has an e in it. :) :willynilly Braking your vehicle is different.
  • King_MeKing_Me Posts: 5,240 Admiral
    Nice job LD. One question and a serious one, do you eat the heads? I know some people love em' I couldn't see myself eating them.
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    Thank You Kind Sir,:liar


    When you are able to catch and eat all the lobsters you want the heads are just trash. I have heard of folks sucking the juice out of them. :angel


    King_Me wrote: »
    Nice job LD. One question and a serious one, do you eat the heads? I know some people love em' I couldn't see myself eating them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    King_Me wrote: »
    Nice job LD. One question and a serious one, do you eat the heads?

    Grind 'em up for Chum. Cubera's and Grouper will follow the sent trail. Only problel is so will Nurse Sharks.

    Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com


    Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Headfirst wrote: »
    Breaking rules has an e in it. :) :willynilly Braking your vehicle is different.

    I'm glad we got that fixed! :grin
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com


    Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    Got TA Go wrote: »
    I have made my last attempt at cleaning this thread up.

    No...
    Name Calling
    Accusations of poaching
    Questioning of legal size limits

    You can remark about a nice catch...and then move along

    or

    Just move along.

    It serves no purpose to make accusations via a report or perception of a picture.

    I know that in this case some members feel the need to comment because they feel goaded into it, and several have made comments in jest that weren't taken as such.

    Easiest thing is to make one more attempt at cleaning things up and hope everyone just moves along. Several members are walking a thin line on what would be considered as breaking FSFF Rules of Conduct, and could be subjected to corrective measures.

    I and FS would prefer that we just remain the big happy family that we are.

    Thank You for Understanding,
    Rob

    thanks for trying to keep things happy, Rob. I like to look at reports and if folks get too much criticism they may not want to post.
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    No Worries Lobstercatcher229, I am confident I will not be the less motivated to lobster,fish,post,or just state my opinion on subject matter which is familiar to me. I am also confident we can get some of the critics and comedians to abide by some simple rules as stated by Rob so we could have respectable forum fishing conversations between FISHERMEN. :facepalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeadfirstHeadfirst Posts: 124 Officer
    No Worries Lobstercatcher229, I am confident I will not be the less motivated to lobster,fish,post,or just state my opinion on subject matter which is familiar to me. I am also confident we can get some of the critics and comedians to abide by some simple rules as stated by Rob so we could have respectable forum fishing conversations between FISHERMAN .

    Nope, sorry. You cannot possibly have conversation between "fisherman" otherwise he would be talking to himself. Fishermen would be plural. Also, 7 mile lobster, come and get "some" would be correct. Not sum. Ha! :devil
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    Good looking out ! Can we get a spellcheck tab ?

    Headfirst wrote: »
    Nope, sorry. You cannot possibly have conversation between "fisherman" otherwise he would be talking to himself. Fishermen would be plural. Also, 7 mile lobster, come and get "some" would be correct. Not sum. Ha! :devil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ScubaSteve1ScubaSteve1 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Lone.....Where in 7 mile? I'm going down for a week Sept 3-10 and would like to hook-up.......:Rockon:Rockon:Rockon

    Thx in advance......
  • SnookMagnetSnookMagnet Posts: 122 Officer
    Got TA Go wrote: »
    Grind 'em up for Chum. Cubera's and Grouper will follow the sent trail. Only problel is so will Nurse Sharks.

    Rob


    But absolutely DO NOT take this chum into the park. We did that one year when snapper fishing during mini-season and the ENP Rangers that stopped to check us were not too happy.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    But absolutely DO NOT take this chum into the park. We did that one year when snapper fishing during mini-season and the ENP Rangers that stopped to check us were not too happy.

    There are some folks who ask for the heads at Homestead Bayfront Park. They had to do a little "splaining" when the FWC officer came by but they were able to talk the officer out of a ticket.
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    There are some folks who ask for the heads at Homestead Bayfront Park. They had to do a little "splaining" when the FWC officer came by but they were able to talk the officer out of a ticket.

    Another great use for the heads is when making Lobster Bisque. :)

    Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com


    Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    Sent you a PM.
    scubasteve wrote: »
    Lone.....Where in 7 mile? I'm going down for a week Sept 3-10 and would like to hook-up.......:Rockon:Rockon:Rockon

    Thx in advance......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.