New guy checking in

YaknMikeYaknMike Posts: 26 Greenhorn
Hey guys, used to be a member here years ago. I'm a tournament Bass guy and that's where I spend most my time but wanted to do some flats fishing. Used to saltwater fish 8-9 years ago and just getting back to it a little bit now and really having a great time! Started looking at kayaks but didn't want to spend a lot of money. Ended up getting a Field & Stream last week on a HUGE discount at ****'s Sporting Goods ($329) in Davenport (East of Lakeland). My father and I both got one. I've read plenty of good reviews and several bad but for the price I couldn't pass it up. We're looking forward to getting out some. Anyhow, I love reading all these kayak threads and just wanted to introduce myself. :USA

Replies

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,320 Moderator
    Welcome aboard the plastic navy :)
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Welcome to the NMZ!
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    jcanracer wrote: »
    Welcome aboard the plastic navy :)

Welcome! Yarrrrr swab the poop decks!!!
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 836 Officer
    Welcome aboard, I hope someone explained rule#1 when you joined! All new Junior members must buy coffee and bait for Senior/Moderators members until they graduate to Member. SOooo... Get postin with lots of Pics! :wink
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • PBG-JohnPBG-John Posts: 419 Deckhand
    YaknMike, welcome to the addiction. Rule #2...junior guy washes all the yaks at days end.
    The latest survey shows that
    three out of four people make
    up 75% of the population
  • YaknMikeYaknMike Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    LOL, there seems to be a lot of rules around here!!! Here's a pic of the first Snook I caught since getting back into saltwater fishing some.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    YaknMike wrote: »
    LOL, there seems to be a lot of rules around here!!! Here's a pic of the first Snook I caught since getting back into saltwater fishing some.

Nice snooklet! What did it eat?

Now go catch one on a yak :wink
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • YaknMikeYaknMike Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Greenback. As soon as I can get the yak out i'll be there! Our season classic in the bass club this weekend. Maybe next week!