Boynton Drift SurferBoy 1st SAILFISH 10.23.13

Doug n I meet up with new client SurferBoy, and Paul aka kitesfr, at gulfstream pk. Late start we made our way out and meet up with extreme baits(THANKS CHUCKD FOR THE HOOK UP) and loaded up the live well and found a nice rip in 60 ft as soon as Suferboy gog hit the water it got smashed sleigh ride time, after a little while his 60 lbs braid popped :huh. Re tied and new gog, we trolled out and shortly after air show, sail on :grin, Surferboy handled his landing this beautiful sailfish got some great video,(got to edit, soon come). Also saw a Sub out in Boynton today, I guess its not only Dania. Also did I mentioned he brought his Outback yesterday. Another great trip from SouthFloridakayakguide. Boynton beach is definitely growing on me I will be back between the capt. crunch French toast before we launch and the steak taco's after we land my belly b happy happy happy :thumbsup

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00228.jpg
sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png

Replies

• blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 587 Officer
    Nice size sail!! Grats to him!!
  • SkunkLifeSkunkLife Posts: 545 Officer
    Hahaha that crunchy French toast dat New York City crack
    Lowbrow Sportsman - "Socially inept since 1985"
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    I found my new fishing spot. So many positives about the area!.
  • Ericjames22Ericjames22 Posts: 377 Officer
    My favorite spot as well. I live locally let me know when yall get out up here again.
  • kitesfrkitesfr Posts: 356 Officer
    NICE SAIL!!! Good fishing with you all even though it was a short session for me! :)
    Fair winds and following seas!
  • surferBoysurferBoy Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Its VERY hard to find people who have an ABUNDANCE mentality (willing to share knowledge w/out worry), Mr. PottyMouth is ONE of the few . . . .

FLATS BROKE is a fishing stud!

And KiteSFR needs to work less and fish more! :-D
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    Nice sail in such shallow waters. that's awesome guys. Where there is a rip, there's fish. Nicely done.
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • Android77Android77 Posts: 483 Deckhand
    Rob your killing me got to work this weekend again it will end up being 35 days straight. Guess I will have to buy some new gear. Really liked Boyton area just a long drive for me.
  • LilTucciLilTucci Posts: 189 Officer
    That's an awesome Sail man! Way to put him on the fish Potty
    I found my new fishing spot. So many positives about the area!.

Where did yo guys end up launching from in Boynton?
    Check out my youtube channel, many more fishing videos to come
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Liltuccii/videos

Log your trips and help the SGF with accurate stock assessments, great site
    http://angleraction.org
  • UrbanLegendIIUrbanLegendII Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Outstanding!
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    LilTucci wrote: »
    That's an awesome Sail man! Way to put him on the fish Potty

Where did yo guys end up launching from in Boynton?

I really couldn't tell you because I'm not familiar with the area, but it was a little North of Gulfstream, very small corner spot.
  • NELBAGNELBAG Posts: 251 Officer
    it's okay guys you can stay in Dania/Pompano...it's the best... remember :wink
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    NELBAG wrote: »
    it's okay guys you can stay in Dania/Pompano...it's the best... remember :wink

Lmao, I'm actually looking at houses in Boynton beach, looks like it may be my new backyard ;)
    sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png
  • LilTucciLilTucci Posts: 189 Officer
    I really couldn't tell you because I'm not familiar with the area, but it was a little North of Gulfstream, very small corner spot.

All good, ill do some research
    Check out my youtube channel, many more fishing videos to come
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Liltuccii/videos

Log your trips and help the SGF with accurate stock assessments, great site
    http://angleraction.org
  • kitesfrkitesfr Posts: 356 Officer
    South side of the Boynton inlet usually easy to get out. Sand bar on the outside makes for small shore break. Park across the street in the lower parking lot. It's open all night. Extreme baits can meet you right there.
    Fair winds and following seas!
  • Chuck DChuck D Posts: 427 Officer
    Boynton has seen my first (leadered) sailfish, kingfish, and tuna, it's definitely money. Also very easy to get out deep, and has varied bottom, ledges, wrecks, and lots of rips. I say all this, because it's a big ocean, and I'm not worried about a few extra kayaks depleting the ocean of fish. I think we could and should definitely see some tournaments there in the future.
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Nice work....and yea, rob, there's a reason I drive up there more often than not, rather than fish in my backyard in Pompano ;)