spinfisher V vs fin-nor os

what holds more line capacity? penn spinfisher v 10500 or fin-nor os 9500?

Replies

• brandonlehrerbrandonlehrer Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Here's the specs
    Fin-nor Offshore Series 9500:
    42.7 of line retrieve
    60 pounds of drag
    600 Yards of 20 pound mono
    400 yards of 25 pound mono
    375 yards of 30 pound mono

Penn Spin Fisher v 10500 specs:
    415 yards of 30 pound test
    350 yards of 40 pound test
    255 yards of 50 pound test
    40 pounds of drag
    40 inch line retrieve
  • mjhproductionsmjhproductions Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    What are you using it for, if line capacity and max drag stick with the Fin Nor, my buddies Spinfisher V just got tore up by a large kingfish, the drag could not keep up and the reel started shooting parts out! Ii will say his was a smaller Spinfisher V 4000 and it was no match for the fish. Fin Nor reels have always had great drag systems!
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    The big Fin-Nor can be found at some pretty good discounts (<$150) I'd go w/the Fin-Nor too...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIN-NOR-OFS-95-SPINNING-REEL-/161104264445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25828ffcfd
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,301 Admiral
    Fin-Nors
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • fishboyfishboy Posts: 1,326 Officer
    60lbs of drag!? Dang, that is a lot!
  • superdupersuperduper Posts: 1,923 Captain
    ****, that drag heavy!
  • JettyparkJettypark Posts: 1,942 Captain
    I have my fin nor 9500 for years now and it still work great...I have try to break it and the **** thing still is kicking..
    LOL...
    aa13.gif "A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons"
  • LargeMouthBassAnglerLargeMouthBassAngler Posts: 136 Officer
    i find out that the spinfisher v holds alittle more line, but im getting a fin-nor for its drag a quality, im going to use it for sharks from the beach, thats why i asked, what has more line capacity.
  • GermGerm Posts: 1,704 Captain
    fin nors are great, but I think the specs listed are incorrect depending what site you goto. I know I have a 6500 and the line specs have changed. I think the it was also orginally rated at 44# of drag I think its drop a bit.

The spinfishers are a much more refined reel over a fin nor OFS series
  • GermGerm Posts: 1,704 Captain
    just looked on their catalog online, says mine is 60# of drag as well, which I will tell you is not true

and mine used to be listed to hold 400 yards of 100# braid, now their catalog says 400 yards of 50# braid