Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

ML

We are taking a small vaca next week and im wondering how the water is looking in ML, can anyone give me some info please?

Replies

• tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    This isn't much help I know but to beat the rush of helping you, LOL
    Right now, Thurs A.M. its 60 degrees, boy must of been a hot yr, just went out for the paper and it felt chilly!!!! Right now though other than that i can't tell you much. Oh, no wind now either. Will try to keep you posted.
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    the water in ML is a tick above sewage.. it aint lookin pretty... BUT .. theres still fish in that mess.. the water is way up so most of your slot reds will be patrolling shorelines that are deep enough.. if you cant find em, try soaking some chunk mullet.. that will tell you if they are in the area or not because its very hard to see em in the murk..
  • fishboyfishboy Posts: 1,326 Officer
    J&J wrote: »
    We are taking a small vaca next week and im wondering how the water is looking in ML, can anyone give me some info please?

I am taking a drive to playalinda today so I will check on the quality of the water in the ML and let you know...
  • fishboyfishboy Posts: 1,326 Officer
    As stated above the water is muddy and high but the fish are biting...
  • J&JJ&J Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info... Any particular areas better than others?
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    cbmdk86 wrote: »
    the water in ML is a tick above sewage.. it aint lookin pretty... BUT .. theres still fish in that mess.. the water is way up so most of your slot reds will be patrolling shorelines that are deep enough.. if you cant find em, try soaking some chunk mullet.. that will tell you if they are in the area or not because its very hard to see em in the murk..

Makes me wonder if half the problem IS sewage!! How do we know the discharge from the sewage plants is going. Almost guarantee you can't get on the plants property and see the level of the holdin ponds. But I guess an airplane can so who knows. Still bet some days the ponds are about full, next morning about empty.