Cold Fronts and the cruise ship

1235»

Replies

• lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    you thought perhaps wrong as usual... like I said you exhibit it well..
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • Looks like we may not see big red next week either. Question for those in the know. How feasible is it for Genting to construct that pier in rough surf?

Can't be done with the size barge they had on site.

I have been there and done that. Not safe to drive piling in that weather. When we did the Ocean outfall at Miami, we had two 3000' barges and still could not work in the surf we saw in this weeks Bimini pictures.

I just hope they don't try to dredge and fill the island before they close in all the sheet piling!
  • lbud wrote: »
    you thought perhaps wrong as usual... like I said you exhibit it well..

Big red may sail, but she won't be offloading any passengers
  • Klsum13Klsum13 Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Looks like one big question has been answered by their own Environmental Impact Assessment, which says the ship won't be able to use the pier in winds 20-25 kts or higher. It's like no one involved in the whole project has ever been to Bimini in winter.
  • saltyseniorsaltysenior Posts: 826 Officer
    Can't be done with the size barge they had on site.

I have been there and done that. Not safe to drive piling in that weather. When we did the Ocean outfall at Miami, we had two 3000' barges and still could not work in the surf we saw in this weeks Bimini pictures.

I just hope they don't try to dredge and fill the island before they close in all the sheet piling!

where do they keep 2- 3,000 ft barges ???
  • BiminiwallBiminiwall Posts: 79 Deckhand
    where do they keep 2- 3,000 ft barges ???

Surely he means 300'. I've never seen a mile long barge.
  • Sorry, Zeros were half off yesterday, 300' barges!
  • Bimini DreamBimini Dream Posts: 407 Deckhand
    Well I don't think big red will venture this way for the rest of the week or the weekend for that matter. It will be interesting to see just how many days in November she will make the trip. Way less than half for sure.
    A Part Of Paradise
    http://onetoughkitty.com
    Well I don't think big red will venture this way for the rest of the week or the weekend for that matter. It will be interesting to see just how many days in November she will make the trip. Way less than half for sure.

I have people on the inside of Resorts World. They wont be taking reservations for the rest of this year. They cannot fill the ship with enough people on a weeks weather window notice. They will sail to ship supplies, but the reservation department is shut down until further notice.
  • GuanacayGuanacay Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Always love how folks with money but no real Bahamian experience come to the Bahamas thinking they can "conquer" the weather, the salt air, the logistics, etc. The Bahamas always wins.
    Biminiwall wrote: »
    I have people on the inside of Resorts World. They wont be taking reservations for the rest of this year. They cannot fill the ship with enough people on a weeks weather window notice. They will sail to ship supplies, but the reservation department is shut down until further notice.
    Wow! Thanks for the info
    A Part Of Paradise
  • She's siting at the dock in Miami right now! Her favorite spot....
    "If you don't mind spending the night with a bunch of high schoolers or freshman college students getting drunk, tipping over and having sex on the deck, then. This is a place for you. I personally didn't enjoy myself and couldn't wait to get off after the first 2 hours. There were people running to the restroom vomiting on the way there and a few older people just enjoying the show of panties and sloppy people. "

This is a goldmine of reviews on Resort world.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/resorts-world-bimini-superfast-miami

This boat is just one big drug orgy.
  • Blue ZoneBlue Zone Posts: 414 Officer

So, uh, in the first three-month period of running they were at least 50% below their annualized projection. Now this? What a monumental calculated miscalculation these miscreants have fabricated. No one can possibly be that stupid.

Yo Nassau, have you figured out yet that you were fed a rather large load of bs?
  • Get ready, another cruise tonight to nowhere for the drugs, sex and salsa night!
  • SapingasKangasSapingasKangas Posts: 279 Officer
    Get ready, another cruise tonight to nowhere for the drugs, sex and salsa night!

You're even against drugs, sex and salsa. Commy, you probably even hate rock n roll music.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,130 AG
    "This is a goldmine of reviews on Resort world.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/resorts-world-bimini-superfast-miami

Wow! Who in their right mind would EVER pay money to go on this rat trap?
    resort.JPG

Why would anyone pay $70 to have 2 hours on the island? Thats IF you were the first to get off. If you're the last to get off, you have about 15 min on the island.

How much revenue are the passengers bringing to the Bimini people with 15 min on their island?
  • SapingasKangasSapingasKangas Posts: 279 Officer
    resort.JPG

Why would anyone pay $70 to have 2 hours on the island? Thats IF you were the first to get off. If you're the last to get off, you have about 15 min on the island.

How much revenue are the passengers bringing to the Bimini people with 15 min on their island?

I'm all in. If I can get sex, drugs and salsa for $70, that's a deal. I hope the salsa is spicy.
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    funny Sap.. that is a good price for the desperate ones..

winter time weather has always been there for the residents of Bimini.. it dose not bother them that much..
  • midnightridermidnightrider Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    From Yelp......teehee

We had some drama on our trip because they did not fully release the rope and we pulled away from the ship - I pictured some FINAL DESTINATION type thing about to happen with flying ropes and anchors parts flying through the air and chopping of passengers heads while their dying headless words were " free cruise "

But that did not happen but we did get pulled back into the ship for pretty hard bump and crewman ended up with a bloody hand. They mopped up the blood and gave us all water bottles to forget it ever happened.
    Why are they canceling trips on people even on nice weather days
    A Part Of Paradise
  • Why are they canceling trips on people even on nice weather days

NO Demand!

Even moved the booze cruise to a 10:00pm to 3:00 am time to try to fill it up.
  • pescador67pescador67 Posts: 66 Deckhand
    Is it me, or did they re-orient the webcam at the Port of Miami so you can't see Big Red sitting there rusting?
  • pescador67 wrote: »
    Is it me, or did they re-orient the webcam at the Port of Miami so you can't see Big Red sitting there rusting?

Port of Miami cam pans left and right
1235»