Cold Fronts and the cruise ship

Replies

• Gary MGary M Posts: 13,156 AG
    As of Monday morning:

Small Craft Advisory in effect through Wednesday afternoon for all South Florida waters due to winds of 20-25 knots. Seas build into Tuesday...particularly in the Gulf Stream where seas in excess of 11 feet are possible late tonight and into Tuesday.

It ain't going anywhere this week.........
  • BiminiwallBiminiwall Posts: 79 Deckhand
    I doubt this boat will see over 100 passengers until April. They love pissing money away at Genting.
  • biminibradbiminibrad Posts: 373 Deckhand
    I suspect cancellations of the cruise are do to unsafe boarding to the ferries in Bimini .This will in turn further support the argument for a pier. Just my guess.
  • pescador67pescador67 Posts: 66 Deckhand
    Al Bundy wrote: »
    So the company that promises tourists year round providing untold riches for all of Bimini cancels after the first cold front comes through?

I'd imagine, the minute they complete the pier, they will suspend all service during the unprofitable months of Oct-April.

I'm sure they have a breakeven number of passengers that makes the trip profitable. I don't know what the number is, but I bet it's far more than they are getting nowadays. They burn probably around 2,000 gallons of fuel per round trip, plus a bunch of other costs and fees every time you turn on the engines.

The round trip fixed costs to run this thing must be over $100,000.
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    .. mean while gamblin' and hookers are alive n well in Biloxi, Mississippi and the Hard Rock is doing great.. :) oops..
  • VenturesomeVenturesome Posts: 1,743 Officer
    Gary M wrote: »
    His posts are like looking down at a fresh pile of dog crap....... I just go around them.....
    now that one made me laugh. thanks gary....
    2392.jpg
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 6,534 Admiral
    .. mean while gamblin' and hookers are alive n well in Biloxi, Mississippi and the Hard Rock is doing great.. :) oops..

and if you head this way let me know
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    Hi Ray,! long time.. :) I need to see some mountains or hills.. Mount Trashmore and over passes don't get it done..

although I like the location of 'knot sure'..
  • All of Genting's numbers are inflated. It looks pretty sure that they are counting night cruise numbers as visitors to the Island.

I doubt they would have enough traffic to make a profitable cruise anytime soon, maybe when enough snow birds get here, but not now.

(And that may be good for the Island)
  • mfieldvimfieldvi Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    When the pier doesn't solve the problem, they'll try to build a breakwater.
    mfieldvi wrote: »
    When the pier doesn't solve the problem, they'll try to build a breakwater.

Resort world posted a picture yesterday of the Swelling coming in from there own beach...They would be crashing over the pier if it was built. This was a small front too.
  • Yep, that's gonna overtop the pier!
  • Bimini DreamBimini Dream Posts: 407 Deckhand
    No Doubt. Entrance to the Sands
    A Part Of Paradise
    http://onetoughkitty.com
  • SapingasKangasSapingasKangas Posts: 279 Officer
    now that one made me laugh. thanks gary....

You're easy to amuse, you would make for a good lap dog.
    Why dont you just go away to honorable cuases
    you dont give a carp about bimini.

You're right, I don't care to fish for Carp in Bimini. I do my Carp fishing in Crap, Ohio.
    Gary M wrote: »
    His posts are like looking down at a fresh pile of dog crap....... I just go around them.....

Don't you dare, pick it up, it's hot and steamy just the way you like them. I'll make sure to leave you seconds.
  • Blue ZoneBlue Zone Posts: 414 Officer
    Don't you dare, pick it up, it's hot and steamy just the way you like them. I'll make sure to leave you seconds.

Sap,

As I recall, back in the days of the "old" Bimini Bay debate you and I were on the same side of the line in the sand for the same reasons. Back then I rather enjoyed your wordplay, but lately your posts have become, quite frankly, tiring.

Since Genting came into the picture for me the landscape both literally and figuratively has changed dramatically for the worse, hence my jumping ship as it were.

I would kindly ask that you end the fodder aimed at other members and direct your missives into the debate on one side or the other and eliminate the ambiguity. You obviously harbor some concrete opinion so lay it out there, man.

Best,

Blue
    Poor Corona. Sometimes you have to adapt my old friend....Poking members and arguing only goes so far. In the long run its education and awareness that wins over the crowd.

Blue, welcome aboard.
    Blue Zone wrote: »
    Sap,

As I recall, back in the days of the "old" Bimini Bay debate you and I were on the same side of the line in the sand for the same reasons. Back then I rather enjoyed your wordplay, but lately your posts have become, quite frankly, tiring.

Since Genting came into the picture for me the landscape both literally and figuratively has changed dramatically for the worse, hence my jumping ship as it were.

I would kindly ask that you end the fodder aimed at other members and direct your missives into the debate on one side or the other and eliminate the ambiguity. You obviously harbor some concrete opinion so lay it out there, man.

Best,

Blue

I can't really argue with your premise as I don't have a dog in this fight. Truth be told, my biggest issue with this is being told what's righteous; I don't goose step well, don't indoctrinate well, pretty much a free thinker. I must however confess I do enjoy the verbal jousting.
  • I can't really argue with your premise as I don't have a dog in this fight. Truth be told, my biggest issue with this is being told what's righteous; I don't goose step well, don't indoctrinate well, pretty much a free thinker. I must however confess I do enjoy the verbal jousting.

Verbal jousting would be much more fun with a worthy opponent!:wink
  • Blue ZoneBlue Zone Posts: 414 Officer
    I can't really argue with your premise as I don't have a dog in this fight. Truth be told, my biggest issue with this is being told what's righteous; I don't goose step well, don't indoctrinate well, pretty much a free thinker. I must however confess I do enjoy the verbal jousting.

Truth be told, we may all be jousting at windmills.

The fix appears to be in between Genting and Obie Wantmoremoney with an absolutely stunning lack of basic financial and environmental due diligence. There is a difference between righteousness and speaking out for what is right and against what is fundamentally wrong. Saddle up, Sancho Panza, it could be a long ride.
    No big red today and I'm quite sure that will remain true for the entire weekend as well
    A Part Of Paradise
  • No big red today and I'm quite sure that will remain true for the entire weekend as well

she is sitting in Port Everglades at Pier 7 right now, trial run?
    She has done some evening cruises to Lauderdale and circles back to Miami. This time she stayed
    A Part Of Paradise
    Verbal jousting would be much more fun with a worthy opponent!:wink

And yet somehow you can't restrain yourself. Know that a learned man is not necessarily a wise man.
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    You exhibit that well....
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
    lbud wrote: »
    You exhibit that well....

I thought perhaps your username was a reference to beer preference, but maybe it's just plain old *** liquor.
  • And yet somehow you can't restrain yourself. Know that a learned man is not necessarily a wise man.

Know not to take anyone serious with a screen name that means "****" in Spanish!
    Know not to take anyone serious with a screen name that means "****" in Spanish!

You my friend obviously don't know Spanish, or Russian for that matter. It's actually a term used in an old movie, but I won"t tell.
    Looks like we may not see big red next week either. Question for those in the know. How feasible is it for Genting to construct that pier in rough surf?
    A Part Of Paradise