Cold Fronts and the cruise ship

Replies

• Bimini DreamBimini Dream Posts: 407 Deckhand
    Dose anyone know how many days big red ran during Bimini's first cold front and how the offloading and loading of passengers went?
    A Part Of Paradise
    http://onetoughkitty.com
  • SapingasKangasSapingasKangas Posts: 279 Officer
    Dose anyone know how many days big red ran during Bimini's first cold front and how the offloading and loading of passengers went?

Ran, those big waves sunk BigRed and pushed Bimini down to the Southern Hemisphere. Tragic really...
  • pescador67pescador67 Posts: 66 Deckhand
    Compleat wrote: »
    Didn't have to look up diddly... I was doing it before it was popular in mid to late 90's... In fact it out right ticked my competition off to sell at a loss and gain their customers... :)

The Loss Leader has been a common marketing practice for over 100 years. It has nothing to do with taxes.

Did you look it up on Wikipedia?
  • CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,774 Captain
    Like I said... No... Was doing it for a long time...
  • pescador67pescador67 Posts: 66 Deckhand
    Compleat wrote: »
    Like I said... No... Was doing it for a long time...

There are a lot of good resources on line to get a good definition. Wikipedia, Dictionary.com etc.

Where was/is your store?
  • CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,774 Captain
    I didn't even get on line til years after I was doing it. Think Wiki came out long after that. I ran out of a factory in Lake Park and another in Plettenburg Bay, South Africa. Covered low end domestically. African facility was high end and skirts. Skirts were huge as was manufacturing whole lures for other big labels.
    New partner that side was back door selling to my clients on this side so we split. Frances then Jeanne took my local place apart in 2004. I started to rebuild but then put it on back burner as I was busier (and happier) fishing... Still have a lot of my machinery and stuff but its idle. I consult for another lure company now... Miss the $$$ but don't miss the headaches...
  • snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
    She's been sitting at the port for the last 3 days...awww, i really hate it for them...not!!!
    [IMG][/img]mhbt.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    snookyj wrote: »
    She's been sitting at the port for the last 3 days...awww, i really hate it for them...not!!!
    [IMG][/img]mhbt.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Thanks I was dying to know. With the weather I'm looking at she might be there for a few more days
    A Part Of Paradise
  • GO2ABACOGO2ABACO Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    All you have to do is click on this link and you can see if the ship is in port http://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/
  • TwotallTwotall Posts: 83 Greenhorn
    Thanks I was dying to know. With the weather I'm looking at she might be there for a few more days

10/30 and still no big red boat . Seas here are 1 to 3 and flat calm close shore.
  • GO2ABACO wrote: »
    All you have to do is click on this link and you can see if the ship is in port http://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

Looks like she ran today.
  • Biminiwall wrote: »

Well I be damned! Watch out Resorts World, we have an eye on you!
  • SATURDAY NIGHT
    WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH 14 TO
    19 KNOTS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS AROUND 2 FEET BUILDING TO 2 TO
    4 FEET WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS AROUND 5 FEET AFTER MIDNIGHT. DOMINANT PERIOD
    4 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
    SHOWERS.

SUNDAY
    NORTH NORTHEAST WINDS 16 TO 21 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET
    WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 6 FEET ALONG THE COAST AND UP TO 4 TO
    6 FEET WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 8 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM.
    INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS
    IN THE MORNING.

SUNDAY NIGHT
    NORTHEAST WINDS 17 TO 22 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET
    WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 6 FEET ALONG THE COAST AND AROUND
    5 TO 7 FEET WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 9 FEET IN THE GULF
    STREAM. INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS.

MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT
    EAST NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS.
    SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 10 FEET ALONG THE
    COAST AND UP TO 6 TO 8 FEET WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 11 FEET
    IN THE GULF STREAM. INTRACOASTAL WATERS ROUGH IN EXPOSED AREAS.
    A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

TUESDAY
    EAST NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 6 TO 8 FEET
    WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 10 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS ROUGH IN
    EXPOSED AREAS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

$$
    Sunday Night, seas to 9' Monday up to 11' in the gulf stream! Gonna be sporty.....
  • BiminiwallBiminiwall Posts: 79 Deckhand
    They shutoff their AIS 25 min after my post.
    They probably did not shut off their AIS more likely they are out of range of an antennae that is broadcasting over a computer.It probably is illegal for a ship that size to shut their AIS down.
    GO2ABACO wrote: »
    They probably did not shut off their AIS more likely they are out of range of an antennae that is broadcasting over a computer.It probably is illegal for a ship that size to shut their AIS down.

I can assure you they were not out of range.
  • Here is a screen shot of the AIS site at 4:00PM Nov 1

The Bimini gofast definitely has their AIS turned off!

Write what you believe here on FS, Resorts World Bimini is reading every single post here and on facebook!
    Well it's good to know that they are concerned about what we read or write on this forum. If they were so sure of themselves and their project they certainly wouldn't care what this forum has to lay down in print.
    A Part Of Paradise
    Well that damned Bahamian Gobment, how dare they not do as we please. I say send in Navy Seals and put explosives to that pier. Boy if W was in the White House this would not happen. Hey I have a good idea, how about a Bimini Pig Invasion to put a stop to this; wait we have a Democrat for President and we all know how that's going to end. Well back to the invasion board, will keep you posted. 10-4.
    I'd be concerned if I were them. I spent 5 hours today private messaging all their facebook fans. About 60% of them were pretty receptive and had no idea what they were doing in Bimini.
    5 hours, really ? Pick up a good cause like save the icebergs ( that's not a Jedish surname).
  • They turned the AIS back on for the ride home. I guess they remembered it is a USCG requirement for a passenger Vessel enroute to or from the US navigable waters.

Careful there RW!
  • Oh Bimini wall, don't waste your time with a **********
    I see you and mini-you are on a first name basis. The only one wasting time is you; there are more honorable causes.
    I wonder why they turned it off yesterday... Here is them coming back, they were never out of range.

AIS_Range.PNG
    I believe big red is on her way but also believe her AIS is turned off. Anyone confirm
    http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/pdf/AIS/AIS.Reg.Definitions2.pdf
    AIS is now turned on
    A Part Of Paradise
    Just looked and AIS is tracking.Bimini the only way a ship's AIS is going to show on that site is if a AIS antennae within range of the ship's AIS, which is line of sight, is hooked to a computer.
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,627 Captain
    I see you and mini-you are on a first name basis. The only one wasting time is you; there are more honorable causes.

Why dont you just go away to honorable cuases
    you dont give a carp about bimini.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,141 AG
    Why dont you just go away to honorable cuases
    you dont give a carp about bimini.

His posts are like looking down at a fresh pile of dog crap....... I just go around them.....