multiple hooks

monoxidemonoxide Posts: 1,094 Officer
ok i know every thing your not supposed to use multiple hooks to catch but is that meaning treble hooks or 2+ single j hooks. when i shark fish i like 2 use 2 or 3 j hooks in a sting ray i want to know if i have to stop fishing leaders like this so i can stay legal.
ted.gif
ted.gif

Replies

• richard arichard a Posts: 118 Deckhand
    monoxide wrote: »
    ok i know every thing your not supposed to use multiple hooks to catch but is that meaning treble hooks or 2+ single j hooks. when i shark fish i like 2 use 2 or 3 j hooks in a sting ray i want to know if i have to stop fishing leaders like this so i can stay legal.
    Unfortunately, one of the only ways to stay legal nowadays with all the rules and limits is to just stop fishing.
    I don't see why a two J hook rig would be illegal.
    Member #1125
  • monoxidemonoxide Posts: 1,094 Officer
    well they say multiple hooks so i didnt know if they ment 2 j hooks or or treble hooks.
    ted.gif
    ted.gif
  • GreyRiderGreyRider Posts: 61 Deckhand
    Multiple hooks defined:

68B-4.002(9) “Multiple hook” means two or more fishhooks bound together to comprise a single unit or any hook with a single shank and eye and two or more pointed ends, used to impale fish.
  • repairrepair Posts: 208 Deckhand
    So I guess using a treble is illegal.
    How about a fishing lure with 1, 2, or 3 trebles attached that was bought at any store, and is balanced for that lure.
    I have to admit I am a FISHAHOLIC.
    viet vet usaf 71-75
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,554 Moderator
    multiple hooks are banned for certain species when using BAIT. No problem when used on artificials
  • repairrepair Posts: 208 Deckhand
    Thank you.
    I have to admit I am a FISHAHOLIC.
    viet vet usaf 71-75