Melbourne Kayak fishing offshore/inshore???

Visiting the in-laws in melbourne in 2 weeks and thinking of bringing the yak along with me. Anybody fish up there? Im am offshore guy and think its probably pretty limited offshore up there because the drop off is so far out maybe there are other options. Also might try some inshore fishing because ive heard the Lagoon is pretty good. Thanks in advance for help guys, tightlines
A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends

Replies

• Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    BTB is on fire with the Mullet run right now, and may still be going on when you get here.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • drichard1986drichard1986 Posts: 498 Officer
    Whats BTB? sorry never fished up there lol
    A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Beyond the Breakers. Nearshore.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Tons of bait in the water now. Surf fished on Sunday and caught tons of nice jacks, blues, and ladyfish. That was just from the shore. Get out there and fish!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,244 Captain
    As I write this, Friday morning, Oct. 25....seas nearshore are running 3 ft. with a 4 sec. period. VERY common condition this time of year. I ain't yakkin' in that, I don't care WHAT is running. Surfcast for the nearshore critters...or yak the intercoastal/lagoon for Reds, Snook,Trout, Flounder..etc,etc.
    If you bring your Yak to the Melbourne area, let me know and I'll give you some easy access spots to launch from inshore where the fishing is usually pretty good. This is a really great area for inshore kayak fishing...offshore, not so much unless you get REAL lucky with sea conditions.