Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Made a trip over to OBA

Made a trip over to OBA to fish Thursday10, Friday12 and Saturday the 13th. I was fishing by myself on Thursday and Friday went out about dark caught my limit of RS and then chased some vermillion. On Sat meet up with some friends and ran out about fifty miles to catch a limit of RS each, came up on a floating pontoon seat to catch some mahi but couldn't get the triple tails to eat. Wow was it flat calm and hot, my face is still pealing from the frying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Diverrite aboard "Step Into Liquid"

Replies

• GarboGarbo Posts: 1,262 Officer
    Cool.

I like that place.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Sage ManSage Man Posts: 195 Officer
    Boy Brother Garbo...you were almost in trouble.

On first reading I thought you started the thread about Orange Beach and I was going to give you grief for not calling me to fish with you. :nono

I've got some tarpon flies for you...just need to drop them in the mail. I'm curious what you think about them. We can play around with them if you want some changes. They're tan Tarpon Bunnies that I thought might be good at CI.

Good snapper report above diverite...beautiful fish. I have a good friend whose sons go to a website every day to see the beautiful woman of the day. I'm getting so old I'd rather come on here and see the snapper. Getting old is hell.
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,210 Officer
    Man, those are some flat seas!!! It's been so long since I've seen it like that, I almost forgot what it looked like. Very fine mess of snapper you caught.......and, I love those small fish tacos. We didn't see any all year. Congrats on your trips.

Livin' the Dream !
  • diverritediverrite Posts: 167 Deckhand
    you bet on the fish tacos.

I use to come to Smyrna to race at the Scat Track right on the main drag awhile ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Diverrite aboard "Step Into Liquid"
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,210 Officer
    diverrite wrote: »
    I use to come to Smyrna to race at the Scat Track right on the main drag awhile ago.

Cool.........

Livin' the Dream !
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,742 Moderator
    Way to go. Look likes fun and you couldn't have asked for better conditions!

It's always nice to squeeze in one more good trip as things wind down. It'll have you pumped about getting out there next year!
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"