Home General Paddle Craft

Saturday Morning- Biscayne Bay

FlokFlok Posts: 8 Greenhorn
Got to spot early just at dawn break , Perfect day for Trout fishing ,
24", 20", 19" and so on... bait did not stop whole morning .

Okay, okay I see there are 5 Trouts in picture and only one Kayak actually Hobie Angler pro .... kind a small boat.
just to clarify I have caught 2 Trouts Including large one ( brag brag) and Magana got other 3 and Snapper.

Here is catch from trip 2 weeks ago to Key Biscayne .
Small mango Snapper was 13"
Picture taken on My beat up but reliable Big Game.

Replies

• Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
  • bugdocbugdoc Posts: 421 Officer
    I got there a bit later and the bite had died down. Got a few little cudas, surprisingly 2 mangrove snapper (11" and 12") on Gulp! shrimp on the flats and then this little guy (gal?)

I met CrstyCapnSWitherspoon who failed to hook any tarpon today and lost a few trout at boatside. Has anyone else been finding aggressive mangrove snapper lately? I've never caught one on Gulps before and now it's 3 in the last 2 weeks.
    bugdoc

Southeast Florida kayak launch sites at http://www.floridakayaksites.info
  • LokiLoki Posts: 141 Officer
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
    oooh very nice!
    I could certainly manage an early morning trout run one of these weekends, even if i have to work. Bugdoc, Flok, PM me next time eh?
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • CrstyCptSWitherspoonCrstyCptSWitherspoon Posts: 590 Officer
    Managed to catch a little 15" trout on my way back to the ramp trolling with the bait buster! That west wind was strong today, totally changed the game. Didn't see any tarpon rolling and I only had my pinfish hit once by one when I first got there but the hook didn't set. Bugdoc made it a good day though taking me over to those grass flats and letting me hook up with a few trout and cuda even if the trout kept falling off just before the yak. Thinking about trying a spot closer to home tomorrow morning for some snook and tarpon. Here's a pic of Bugdoc's gator trout.

Oddly when scaled down the pic doesn't look nearly as good as it does on my desktop, seems like the fish is out of focus. Bugdoc if you want them in much better quality PM me your email and I'll send 'em.
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Nice reports !

Bugsy - Yes on the snapper thing - Grovers have been on fire in the Bay, my pals have said - Now through OCT is supposed to be Prime Time. Also as youknow - Good storm surge like we have had fires up the snapper bite. Limits were had last night on all Broward Piers.....

Looks like a great day on the water Gents !
  • irishff727irishff727 Posts: 948 Officer
    Doc nice trout good haul to all of you guys. Hey doc next time your planning a weekend trip you mind if i tag along, is so shoot me a pm. looks like the bay is hot
    time enjoyed wasted is not wasted time