Home General Freshwater Fishing

peacock action doesn't stop!

took the week off from fishing last week to focus on my class and boy did it kill me! after finally resolving things I headed out early this week and ohh my goodness did it feel good to be out on the water again, made a visit to my gold mine peacock spot again and it once again produced fantastic results! didnt have much time to fish it but it produced about 5 or 6 nice peacocks each averaging 3lbs! saw a few more that were easily over 5lbs but sadly they weren't in the mood :banghead here's a couple pictures from that day's adventure!

ended up completing the freshwater, urban slam that day! After that day I had very successful outings during the middle of the week in random spots catching many peacock. Earlier today I had the great opportunity to take the good people from Treasure Coast Tackle out for some peacock action, the day didnt produce too many peacock but we all still had a great time, I caught 3 peacock and a nice largemouth all on the fly rod.

the LM looks small in the picture but it was a pretty nice LM for the fly rod, very fun fight. After the TCT crew left, I decided to try another pipe just north of where we fished and things went crazy! caught about 6 or 7 more peacock, biggest being a fat 3lber!

ended up catching a nice cichlid too to complete the freshwater slam for the day! It was an epic week of fishing and the peacock gave me a very warm welcome back gift! tight lines everyone!!
There's no such thing as too much bait!

Replies