Its Friday..... anyone going offshore this weekend.........

PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
Took a look at the surf this morning... what surf..... looked again this afternoon looks like a lake... anyone going offshore this weekend.. I kind of have too.... I'm jonesin......... Looks like a solo trip in the am.... what about ya where u going ???
sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png

Replies

• krashkrash Posts: 593 Officer
    I wish I were going on a lobster dive.. they should be holed up and prime for the picking, West winds predicted it will be calm.. but wind will push ya out
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • bobert421bobert421 Posts: 393 Deckhand
    I may go out on Sunday if it is calm and I make it back down south tomorrow. Been fishing the past 4 days.

If I make it back, a drift would be fun. May not keep any fish though, I have no more room in the freezer.
    New Facebook page, REPORT PICTURES HERE----> ChumBucket Fishing

276076f7-540f-451a-8de4-ba7229b19a11_zps746ac5e0.jpg
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    I'll be working this weekend, enjoy it guys!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • CrstyCptSWitherspoonCrstyCptSWitherspoon Posts: 590 Officer
    I'm inshore again this weekend trying to 'land' my first tarpon. Ton of sharks in biscayne bay today, bigger ones too not the usual 2-3 foot black tips. Had a nice 22" trout today and a lot of jumped tarpon. My poor butterfly jig set up is calling to me... Post some pics of the fishing offshore when you're all done!
  • bugdocbugdoc Posts: 421 Officer
    Staying inshore again- Morningside Park Sat and Peacocks by the airport Sunday. I don't like brisk winds pushing me out towards Bimini, which is what it will be like tomorrow. It does keep the surf down though. I'll be in the orange Scupper-Pro if I see you out there Crsty.
    bugdoc

Southeast Florida kayak launch sites at http://www.floridakayaksites.info
  • CrstyCptSWitherspoonCrstyCptSWitherspoon Posts: 590 Officer
    Sweet! I'll look for you. I'm in the tan perception caster. I usually hang around the spoil island closest to the pelican harbor ramp but sometimes I get adventurous and creep down to the next one south.
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    <
    Wifes working 7-7 both days - Im kidded up till next weekend - Then we're on.
    I may hit the pier tonight to see whats left of the mutton bite off the storm.
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    Take pictures! :thumbsup
    Hey Rob, how was it offshore?

I made it out to Morningside Park this morning, no fish to keep but beautiful morning! I caught and released 2 short Mangroves, 1 short Trout, and a Cormorant (who tried to steal my **** trout!). Bird was released without incident, although he DID give me the evil eye for having a gamakatsu treble hook in his foot. lol poor guy.
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    I made it Out on sat... There was one 4-5 ft wave breaking with a 13-18 Sec period between set.. Timed it had no
    Problem launching or landing. Plenty of small Pilchread and BIG mullet on the beach... Jumped a tarpoon in about 10-14 ft. Then that was it.. It was beautiful out.. Decided to head in early when a diver flag me, turned out the current was too
    Strong and it was slowly pulling him out.. So I towed him inn.. Took all I had.. Strained my back a little so o decided to
    Take Sunday off...
    Pottymouth wrote: »
    Decided to head in early when a diver flag me, turned out the current was too strong and it was slowly pulling him out.. So I towed him inn.. Took all I had.. Strained my back a little so I decided to take Sunday off...
    Instant karma points there, good job :thumbsup
    See ya offshore next weekend, weather permitting.
  • luckyduck2luckyduck2 Posts: 208 Deckhand
    I made it Out on sat... There was one 4-5 ft wave breaking with a 13-18 Sec period between set.. Timed it had no
    Problem launching or landing. Plenty of small Pilchread and BIG mullet on the beach... Jumped a tarpoon in about 10-14 ft. Then that was it.. It was beautiful out.. Decided to head in early when a diver flag me, turned out the current was too
    Strong and it was slowly pulling him out.. So I towed him inn.. Took all I had.. Strained my back a little so o decided to
    Take Sunday off...

GOOD JOB
    JOBS,JOBS,JOBS, We need JOBS , I can't afford anymore change, We've had (ENOUGH) MR.obama
    http://www.availableangler.com/
  • bugdocbugdoc Posts: 421 Officer
    The towing was fortunate for both of you. A strong current and a brisk southwest wind like it was gets you out in the Gulf Stream quick with no easy way back in.
    bugdoc

Southeast Florida kayak launch sites at http://www.floridakayaksites.info
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    I had no problem paddling my self.... went out to 250 and came in nice and easy but towing a diver, tank, flag
    And gear Created so much drag made it tough
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Good on ya for that !

I was surfin w the kids on Boca today - Morning was nice n flat but by noon it was a little sporty out there.