HOBIE MIRAGE CLASSIC

Hello All,

I' am being offerd a Hobie Mirage Classic, Don't know much about them and I know they discontinued them.
Anyone know if they are good yaks? Good for fishing and taking offshore? Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Doug.

Replies

• Flat yakkinFlat yakkin Posts: 192 Deckhand
    I don't know a whole lot about them but I had someone try to trade me one for a stealth 12 that I was selling. He wanted a more stable, higher sided yak for offshore.Make sure you water test is...pedal it around and then check inside for leaks. I have two older Outbacks that both cracked in the pedal drive area and started pouring in water. Pictures I have seen of them indicated that they sit low in the water.
  • barrynflabarrynfla Posts: 592 Officer
    I had a Hobie Mirage that was about 10 years old. Don't know if it was called a Classic. I don't think it even had a name. It was barely used when I got it and was an excellent yak. Pedaled well, tracked well and had no cracks at all. I did not use it offshore, just in Tampa Bay. I finally sold it because it was fairly heavy and a PITA to put on top of my car. The only thing I added was a Scotty mount. I sold it for $600.

Barry