No Another Tebow Thread - Really

mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
How long do you think that Jags are going to keep playing Gabbert? This guy is something like 5-21. I realize that it's a team sport, but bringing Tebow in to at least put some rear ends in the seats might be a good idea.
"The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."

Replies

  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Never mind, just saw that they picked up Robinson this year. Might not be perfect, but surely he'd be just as good.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • NOLE66NOLE66 Posts: 1,630 Officer
    mikev wrote: »
    How long do you think that Jags are going to keep playing Gabbert? This guy is something like 5-21. I realize that it's a team sport, but bringing Tebow in to at least put some rear ends in the seats might be a good idea.

    Unfortunately for Tebow he isn't an NFL QB. He was a great college QB but that doesn't mean a whole lot in the NFL. UF needs to hire Tebow as an ambassador for the university and football program. Who better to wear the face of uf athletics than him? I'm not a big Tebow fan, probably because he killed my Noles while he was at uf AND I never liked the rah-rah cheerleader type players when I was in high school. Tim is obviously a good guy that to some degree is a victim of his own fame and I hope he lands somewhere and does well.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    mikev wrote: »
    Never mind, just saw that they picked up Robinson this year. Might not be perfect, but surely he'd be just as good.

    Denard? They're bent on him being a WR, he trained at the combine and was drafted as a WR as well
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,137 AG
    NOLE66 wrote: »
    Unfortunately for Tebow he isn't an NFL QB. He was a great college QB but that doesn't mean a whole lot in the NFL. UF needs to hire Tebow as an ambassador for the university and football program. Who better to wear the face of uf athletics than him? I'm not a big Tebow fan, probably because he killed my Noles while he was at uf AND I never liked the rah-rah cheerleader type players when I was in high school. Tim is obviously a good guy that to some degree is a victim of his own fame and I hope he lands somewhere and does well.

    :applause
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • MadScientistMadScientist Posts: 3,402 Officer
    Denard is small and really won nothing at Michigan, so comparing him to Tebow is silly.

    The Jaguars goal is to lose, with a horrible, uncompetitive product on the field. That way, in a couple years, they can move to LA or London with as little friction as possible.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    So why not do that with Tebow at the helm and make a bit of money while you're at it? And, don't underestimate Michigan players. :grin
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,907 Admiral
    mikev wrote: »
    How long do you think that Jags are going to keep playing Gabbert? This guy is something like 5-21. I realize that it's a team sport, but bringing Tebow in to at least put some rear ends in the seats might be a good idea.

    Will never happen... The towel head owner wants a reason to move the team.
  • JaxNoleJaxNole Posts: 1,705 Captain
    DuPont wrote: »
    Will never happen... The towel head owner wants a reason to move the team.

    I think you are walking a fine line with the rules, don't you think lizard breath?
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,907 Admiral
    JaxNole wrote: »
    I think you are walking a fine line with the rules, don't you think lizard breath?

    ping george!!!! jax just called ME a name!
  • tagtag Posts: 8,815 Admiral

    The Jaguars goal is to lose, with a horrible, uncompetitive product on the field. That way, in a couple years, they can move to LA or London with as little friction as possible.

    I've been hearing that for 10 or 15 years. When is the couple of years up?
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,844 Captain
    I agree, I think Tebow would be great for the Jags. If they can also get Percy Harvin and some other great players something great could happen to the team.
  • JaxNoleJaxNole Posts: 1,705 Captain
    DuPont wrote: »
    ping george!!!! jax just called ME a name!

    :wink
  • RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 6,781 Officer
    Tebow would be an improvement for Jax....there is no debating that after seeing what he got done in Denver.. I too have heard the stories of the Jags leaving town for a decade and never bought into it. But now, with this owner, I think they are trying to be as bad as they can be. I don't see the London thing happening but LA is definitely in play.
    Come to Forced Sex University where you can **** women for free!!!
  • BayGatorBayGator Posts: 1,496 Officer
    MJD is killing my fantasy team. The Jags are terrible and it is obvious the owner and GM want the team out of there and are going to do nothing to improve things.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    DuPont wrote: »
    Will never happen... The towel head owner wants a reason to move the team.

    Watch it.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,337 Admiral
    Shoot...the NFL wants to be global and London is the perfect fit.....Kahn wants nothing more than to be the first owner to move there...He has already bought a soccer team there...he changed the Jags uniforms into soccer uniforms....crap, they were giving free beer if you bought tickets at the last game.

    Mojo can't make it to the line of scrimmage, and now he is getting tackled by lightweights using one arm. "Hands of Stone" Marcedes Lewis played a grand total of a series this past Sunday and took himself back out with his "sore calf"...all our QB's suck...including Robinson !!

    The Jags barely can get the 50,000 base to show up...(if it's even that these days...) Kahn can't wait to be playing in a stadium where 90,000 drunk Brits will show up each Sunday, and pay twice as much for the seats !!

    He'd be stupid NOT to move them there....And with Kahn being worth over a billion dollars...I hardly think he's stupid.

    It'll be London...watch and see.


    There's no way they'll risk being half a threat to win, by signing Tebow now.....They should have got him while they had the chance before now.....
  • MadScientistMadScientist Posts: 3,402 Officer
    10 years ago the Jags were one of the best teams in the NFL. One year they had the best record with only 3 losses, all to the Titans. They were a playoff team until, what about 5 years ago? They won a playoff game in Pittsburgh 4 or 5 years ago. So the tanking is a recent phenom.
  • BayGatorBayGator Posts: 1,496 Officer
    They stacked the team at the beginning in hopes of winning a super bowl before the salary cap destroyed them. It didn't work.
  • wynnvwynnv Posts: 190 Deckhand
    The Jags made two AFC Championship games and several other trips to the playoffs. They have been a competitive team until recent years. What destroyed them was a bad GM that made terrible draft picks and **** poor decision making on free agents. I am afraid I have to agree with Sea Snake. I believe Khans plan is to take the team to London.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,844 Captain
    I remember a few years ago that the Jags beat the Dolphins in the playoffs. Maybe the Dolphins are starting to come back again, but the Jags sure are scraping bottom right now.
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 3,789 Captain
    mikev wrote: »
    So why not do that with Tebow at the helm and make a bit of money while you're at it?
    The guy has one of the biggest fan bases in the world, grew up in Jax and can win games. Not to have him come and play is pure insanity for the Jags.......the fans need to burn down the owners house and let Him leave town.
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,844 Captain
    The MelMan wrote: »
    The guy has one of the biggest fan bases in the world, grew up in Jax and can win games. Not to have him come and play is pure insanity for the Jags.......the fans need to burn down the owners house and let Him leave town.

    as others have said, perhaps the owner wants to move the team and wants crummy attendance.
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,465 Admiral
    My sources say the Jags sign him next week in time for the Broncos
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Larry Mac wrote: »
    My sources say the Jags sign him next week in time for the Broncos

    Despite them saying it's false? I hope you are right.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,743 Admiral
    Where is ol' Timmy these days....

    JAX are Idiots (can I say that?)
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 3,789 Captain
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Where is ol' Timmy these days....

    JAX are Idiots (can I say that?)

    I hope so or else I am in trouble....:grin
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

    Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

    "2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,907 Admiral
    If they sign him the peeps who loathe him will **** implode.
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    DuPont wrote: »
    If they sign him the peeps who loathe him will **** implode.

    Why, Dupe? As far as I can see, there are no Jags fans. The loathers will just continue to loathe Jax and Tim. No bigee.
Sign In or Register to comment.