8 Pt Down , Awesome weekend

2»

Replies

• DoradoDreaminDoradoDreamin Posts: 1,998 Captain
    Very nice Ray. Congrats.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,093 Moderator
    Heck yeah! Great post, half a smile and a real nice deer!

Good pics, too.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • Droptime209Droptime209 Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Awesome good stuff!
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Good job guys great buck ray and that's one hell of a pig your buddy shot to 👍
  • Chris71404Chris71404 Posts: 116 Deckhand
    It was a great weekend. I had pulled a permit for a a new WMA but could not get out to scout. I asked Ray to be my guest since I had never been there and he agreed. Although I would shoot a buck in a heart beat I would be more than happy with a pig since I had never shot one. Ray could not make it out Friday morning but he had told me a general area to check out. After debating whether I should go or not I got up in the AM and got there late. I walked in at 6:30 picked a pine and started climbing. I was upset that it was already light out knowing that I might spook something. As soon as I reached the top I see three tails in the distance. **** scared some deer. As soon as I turned around saw a nice boar but my gun was still at the end of the pull rope. I finally settled in. It was a nice morning and I was optimistic. At around 8 I see a boar walk and disappear. I grab the binos and see another. I range at 121 and take a shot. Dropped a nice sow.. The other pig was Sunday. I had scared a couple of deer walking in to the stand and didnt see much action till about 8:30. Had a big boar come out at 100 yards but gave him the pass. 15 minutes later comes another pig. It gets to about 15 yards and I decide I am gonna shoot. Boom.. Dropped on the spot. I text Ray i got a sow maybe 100lbs. I was high up in the pine tree and when I finally climbed down to the pig it grew A lot. lol.. It ended up being a boar 150 lbs gutted. I really have to learn to judge the size on these things..I had a great time and saw game on every sit. Congrats again Ray on a sweet buck and thanks for showing me around out there...
  • DropTine797DropTine797 Posts: 681 Officer
    Cool congrats Chris
    Seven down, Eight to go.
  • Humble hunterHumble hunter Posts: 446 Officer
    Congrats on the kills guys. It sure is wierd seeing you guys rifle hunting, and I just did my 1st bow excursion.
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,260 Officer
    nice ! when do we get to see the video ?
  • down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,598 Captain
    GrillaG wrote: »
    nice ! when do we get to see the video ?

sorry man no video , maybe this weekend . Too much crap to carry in this heat .
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
    [IMG][/img]