Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Flounder

:grinNot many flounder reports. Lol.

Replies

• Josh85Josh85 Posts: 377 Officer
    We've been getting good ones every time we go out. I quit posting about anything really because all you get is a bunch of whining and crying when you dont give people a spot, bait, depth, tide, etc. We caught 9 last night before dark.
  • samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Captain
    **** Josh, all you gotta do is fill out that form that "Cop out" posted and post it... No one will get mad or give you a hard time about it.... :)

Just yanking your chain! I enjoyed your reports, post 'em up!!!
    samsiam74 wrote: »
    **** Josh, all you gotta do is fill out that form that "Cop out" posted and post it... No one will get mad or give you a hard time about it.... :)

Just yanking your chain! I enjoyed your reports, post 'em up!!!

lol no kidding!! Seriously-they want you to fill it out! I just got tired of the doo doo storm that ensued after posting some pics. Then your the bad buy when you dont disclose all that information. Jesus- like someone is going to really tell you all that. Even down to the rigs you use! lol
  • jimmy06jimmy06 Posts: 1,241 Officer
    Josh85 wrote: »
    lol no kidding!! Seriously-they want you to fill it out! I just got tired of the doo doo storm that ensued after posting some pics. Then your the bad buy when you dont disclose all that information. Jesus- like someone is going to really tell you all that. Even down to the rigs you use! lol

come on josh don't let them win. I enjoyed your post too. put up some pics
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,222 Admiral
    **** Josh, you just wont let it go huh? Even after I apologized for making the terrible mistake of trying to ask a fellow fisherman what "region" of the river you were fishing? What "region"... oh my gosh, get over yourself dude.

The flounder bite has been good in the downtown area with folks getting good numbers. They seem to be moving towards the blount island area as we are finally starting to catch a few there. Heaven forbid you ask anyone a simple, vague question as they may talk **** about it the rest of thier lives, geez.
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
    **** Josh, you just wont let it go huh? Even after I apologized for making the terrible mistake of trying to ask a fellow fisherman what "region" of the river you were fishing? What "region"... oh my gosh, get over yourself dude.

The flounder bite has been good in the downtown area with folks getting good numbers. They seem to be moving towards the blount island area as we are finally starting to catch a few there. Heaven forbid you ask anyone a simple, vague question as they may talk **** about it the rest of thier lives, geez.

I wasnt really referring to to you dude-it was a general statement. Its true though-every time someone catches fish there is a million people asking the same questions. Not just for flounder-for anything. Im not stuck on myself either dude-im just not telling everyone in the world everything about how and where we fish. Hell ALOT of guys on here are better fisherman than I am. I have never claimed to be one of the greats, or even close to it. Thats why I just quit posting for a while because who feels like arguing over freakin fish pics. I told you there were fish in the river everywhere. You can get them from freakin mayport clean past downtown. Maybe you wont get on the pack, but you should have no troubles picking some up if you know what your looking for.
    Me simply asking what "region" of the river you were fishing blew up into a **** storm of drama it should have never been, and im tired of hearing about it. I didnt want anyones spots, etc. I was simply curious as to what area of the river the bulk of migratory fish were in since you were having success. All this crap that a simple, vague question turned into is bullshiz. Ill never make that "mistake" again, unbelievable. Not answering even a vague question from someone you dont know is perfectly understandable, but the drama you have spun from it is completely unnecessary.

Edit:
    I just wanna put it behind us bud. I can imagine you got a lot of questions, you were one of the first on the run catching numbers and size. I wouldnt worry about anymore questions after folks have seen all this, lol, I hope you will continue posting pics.
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • FlatheadfishermanFlatheadfisherman Posts: 807 Officer
    I went fishing Friday out of Carlucci chasing flounder. Caught three small ones but had a good one on that got off. Finger mullet no problem catching. Had to catch bait twice during the day with all the other fish biting also. Speckled trout to 20 inches(caught most around the rocks by little jetties in the middle of river), yellowmouth trout to 15 inches along deep water at Dry dock, reds to 19 inches, along north docks(had on that couldn't stop and broke me off on one), lots of black sea bass and mangroves, finished the day playing with jacks crashing bait along dry docks. Put on a cork and mullet. So cool to watch them chase a finger mullet before that cork disappears. Fun fishing at its best. Next month is going to be great fishing. Also, I dont fish flounder tournaments but good luck to all. Just love seeing those huge fish come in.
  • LightTackleKingLightTackleKing Posts: 160 Officer
    You gotta love the fall, flounder is my favorite fish to target.. We been getting them since april pretty good but they are def moving now... Still havent made it towards blount yet but should be there in a week or two.. There are so many flounder in our river its insane, enough for everyone.. Good luck to everyone!!!
  • leftylefty Posts: 87 Greenhorn
    Josh85 wrote: »
    We've been getting good ones every time we go out. I quit posting about anything really because all you get is a bunch of whining and crying when you dont give people a spot, bait, depth, tide, etc. We caught 9 last night before dark.

josh, you talk about people "whining" sounds like you can't stop . You're starting to sound like a broken record! The. Man said he was sorry, which,bye the way, takes a real man to do so, especially if he doesn't think he is wrong. You, my friend are , At this point , acting like a child, Grow up and move on .If you can't deal with something this petty, you are in for some rough years ahead.
    lefty wrote: »
    josh, you talk about people "whining" sounds like you can't stop . You're starting to sound like a broken record! The. Man said he was sorry, which,bye the way, takes a real man to do so, especially if he doesn't think he is wrong. You, my friend are , At this point , acting like a child, Grow up and move on .If you can't deal with something this petty, you are in for some rough years ahead.

Hey buddy- how about you **** and mind your own **** business. I apologized to him about the argument we had a while back. Im not going to sit here and listen to your ****. I simply said I quit posting because people like you cry. How am I sounding like a broken record?? I kiss NOONES ***. I know alot of top notch guys that dont even come on the forum because of idiots like you two
  • Alex87Alex87 Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Fish for fun, josh you know how we roll! We've been spanking em for years, and it doesn't matter which spots people want,bait, etc... Eff that..it takes a little knowledge , luck, and finesse.. Come tournament time there will be a lot more people talking out there ***... So **** em and feed em fish is what I say!
    In my last post I mentioned apologizing, and putting this behind us, and now you are calling me an idiot? All this because I was curious what "region" of the river the fish were biting in? Why cant you move on?

Dude, you dont know me.... this conversation should have been over a long time ago, and now that you have childishly resorted to name calling, I am removing myself from further immaturity. Im sure you'll entertain yourself just fine.
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
    In my last post I mentioned apologizing, and putting this behind us, and now you are calling me an idiot? All this because I was curious what "region" of the river the fish were biting in? Why cant you move on?

Dude, you dont know me.... this conversation should have been over a long time ago, and now that you have childishly resorted to name calling, I am removing myself from further immaturity. Im sure you'll entertain yourself just fine.

lol Dude you started in when I replied. Assuming I was only talking about you, but I was making a general statement actually. Then this dufus writes in calling me childish. What was childish about what I said? I dont care bro-youve had it out for me the minute I started posting so this doesnt surprise me....
    I really dont have it out for you or anyone else. And for clarification, name calling IS childish. I hope you will put this behind you and enjoy your experiance here and let the drama go.
    Tony Eden-
    Boattronics.net
    904-545-1270
  • brad safreedbrad safreed Posts: 562 Officer
    Wow. No wonder the life has been sucked out of this place.
  • The MidgeThe Midge Posts: 502 Officer
    No shizz! I agree with Brad! Kajo lock it and delete it!
  • leftylefty Posts: 87 Greenhorn
    Josh. I posted my comment because , last I heard this was an open forum. You posted, I replied. Have a nice day.
  • Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,974 Captain
    Wth happened here? Crap like this is why some people misdirect on purpose. Nobody wants to deal with the head ache that comes with being honest and saying "id rather not say what area i fish". Lets be real though, The bulk of the Flounder run will probably(amusing here) be within a square mile or so. I would think that once you start giving the general area away, it couldn't possibly take long before the masses are on top of the run. Lets say i tell somebody im catching them between the Dames Point and Trout River, from that point, all i would have to do really is look for a few boats fishing structure in that general area to figure out exactly where the run is. I can totally see why Josh is being tight lipped about the general area. Giving the general area is pretty much giving away his spot. Hate to say it but next time just give an intentional misdirection. Or even just go to PM the info to avoid telling the globe. Personally, i fish for species that live in very commonly known spots so i have no problem with giving away my spots. The Flounder run is something unique and i can totally understand why others are so quiet about whats happening. Me and my buddy that i grew up with went out Monday morning with only Jig heads and Gulp Curly Tails and had some fun with them. We only got 6 Flounder with one being 16" and the other 5 were shorts. slowly dialing in where the run is. Headed back out tomorrow morning for a few hours. Going to start moving up river from where we were yesterday and should soon know where the fish are. Guys, that's all you have to really do. Do your own investigation, put that time in. Read reports from this time last year. The pattern changes very little. With little effort you can easily find the run.