Relocating from Jax - Intro and Question

Hello FS Forum! I am moving from Jacksonville to Tallahassee in about a month. I'm looking forward to being back in Nole county, starting a new position and fishing new grounds (not in order.) I own a 21 CC and am contemplating on where I can store it. I'll be living on the north side of Tallahassee and dont think I want to trailer it to the coast every time I want to fish. Seems to be a pretty long haul. It's not much of a fresh water boat, so I'm thinking of putting it up in dry storage. Any suggestions? I think Shields is closest but it looks like a good stretch down the river to get to the Gulf. I'd appreciate any suggestions, I'm not committed to dry storage. I just need a convenient place to keep the boat. Thanks in advance.

Arrg!

Replies

• seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,007 Officer
    I keep mine at Alligator Point marina in dry storage and it is great. Looked to be about 80% full last time I was down there.
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,233 Moderator
    Alligator point or farther west get you to deep water faster.
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,867 Captain
    Depends on your fishing pleasure.
    St Marks is as close as you can get to Tally, good flats fishing for multiple species.
    Grouper are around at specific times of year.
    A.Point has access to flats as well and is closer to deep water.
    Carrabelle is closest to deep water, has lots of flats available, but is 1.5 hours from Tally.
    F the feds
  • ArrgArrg Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Thanks everyone. Guess there's a trade off - short drive/longer boat ride, or long drive/short boat ride. I'm inclined to look at Alligator Point. I get a little antsy to fish when I get on the boat. :fishing
  • D DayD Day Posts: 84 Deckhand
    Another option is Rock Landing Marina in Panacea. Not as long a drive as ALligator Point, but a bit longer than the drive to St Marks. I have kept my boat here for 7 years. Very satisfied.
    Thanks DDay, I'll check them out as well.
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,233 Moderator
    You're just as far from deep water as St. marks at Rock landing. Carrabelle would be my choice.
    Mullet wrote: »
    You're just as far from deep water as St. marks at Rock landing. Carrabelle would be my choice.

I was looking at Carrabelle on Google Maps today. It's about the same drive to either Carrabelle as it is to Alligator Point - well, at least according to Google Maps.
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,094 Admiral
    fishing in and around Carrabelle is tops!
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,672 Captain
    Arrg wrote: »
    I was looking at Carrabelle on Google Maps today. It's about the same drive to either Carrabelle as it is to Alligator Point - well, at least according to Google Maps.

Figure about another 30 minutes to Carrabelle, but a lot of miles closer to deeper water once you're there.
    Proverbs 13:3
  • alligatoroballigatorob Posts: 197 Officer
    Mine's at Alligator Point and I'm happy, but then I live on Alligator point. The current management has been in place for 7 or 8 years and they are much better than what went before, I like em.

I hear Panacea is a bit less expensive. Shop around you got some good choices. I don't think Shields is too far from Saltwater, but it is further from offshore fishing.
  • 77carman77carman Posts: 39 Deckhand
    AP is a surprisingly long drive from north Tally. C'belle seems to have a lot of compromises