Skip to main content
Home Politics

Ted Cruz joins Democrats

gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
Unbelievable.

Surprise! Obamacare foe Cruz votes with Democrats on spending plan

Washington (CNN) -- He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/25/politics/shutdown-showdown/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Replies

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    I would encourage you to understand the purpose of the vote.
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer

Just quoted CNN's lead story... :rotflmao
    Cruz votes with Democrats - Obamacare funds clear hurdle

on cnn's home page right now!!!!
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,826 AG
    Read the link & found it EZ "to understand". Please be so kind as to show how CNN got it wrong, if you perceive some hidden "purpose".

"I would encourage you to" accept/acknowledge/concur that ObamaCare just passed yet another wasteful, unnecessary, pointless, hurtle imposed by right wing & Tea Party extremists.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 40,802 AG
    From what I have read it appears he was trying to establish himself as a leader and someone who could rally the republicans. It also brought his name to the forefront of the media and demonstrated a strong conservative view. Not bad if the guy was planning on running for President in 2016. I think it backfired when his own fellow Republicans thought he was confrontational and grandstanding. He may have done himself more harm then good.

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Hear is what Ted Cruz and his fanatical followers fear the most and why they are in a state of panic...

Summer 2016 headlines... "OBAMACARE IS WORKING!"
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    He talked for a day about a law everyone knows is chit and no one really cares, no one is really paying attention. Stopping the gravy train is not an option now. Its too far gone. Healthcare will go bankrupt and the gov't will use tax dollars to redistribute care.
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Ted Cruz for prezinit a Canadian has to be better than a kenyan.
  • camojoecamojoe Posts: 1,117 Officer
    gunby31 wrote: »
    Hear is what Ted Cruz and his fanatical followers fear the most and why they are in a state of panic...

Summer 2016 headlines... "OBAMACARE IS WORKING!"

Summer 2016 huh, have you checked today's headlines?

Poll: Obama approval drops to 43%

President Obama's job approval rating is just 43 percent now, down slightly from earlier this month and the lowest since March 2012. Forty-nine percent disapprove, the highest it has been in two years.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/politics/
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Groucho Marx
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    One. More. Time. Gunby, please go read what the vote was for: funding the gub'ment without funding BHO-care. You can get off your high horse now.
    One. More. Time. Gunby, please go read what the vote was for: funding the gub'ment without funding BHO-care. You can get off your high horse now.

Huh?
    the vote as to allow debating on the Senate floor of the House spending bill that did not include funding of Obamacare. By voting to allow discussion of the bill, this allows the Senate to re-fund Obamacare and send it back to House where they will have to make a decision to vote against it, offer a compromise, or approve it with Obamacare funded. It puts the ball and the problem back in the house where they will look bad if they don't offer at least a compromise.

Former Mini Mart Magnate

• skeeryskeery Posts: 89 Deckhand
    Do moderators on this website get paid for registering people ? I joined at the urging of a friend ( a mod in another forum ), I was told that there were a lot of informative sportsmen here so I joined. I have checked out many of the pages but I have to say..... Many of those posting here are blatantly ignorant.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Cruz votes with Democrats - Obamacare funds clear hurdle

on cnn's home page right now!!!!

Tune in to CNN or HuffPo Fri. or Sat. to see how he votes on the actual bill.
    Cruz claimed he would move heaven and earth to defund obamacare... voting in favor of moving the spending bill forward (which he knows would include an amendment by senate democrats to fund obamacare) contradicts that claim. Cruz is full of s***.
    Cruz claimed he would move heaven and earth to defund obamacare... voting in favor of moving the spending bill forward (which he knows would include an amendment by senate democrats to fund obamacare) contradicts that claim. Cruz is full of s***.

Watching Mr. Smith Goes to Washington isn't a good way to learn how the senate works.
    CNN with their headline, trolled the low info. Obama voters pretty hard.
    Check the names of the authors, it's like an April fools stunt.
    cadman wrote: »
    Huh?
    the vote as to allow debating on the Senate floor of the House spending bill that did not include funding of Obamacare. By voting to allow discussion of the bill, this allows the Senate to re-fund Obamacare and send it back to House where they will have to make a decision to vote against it, offer a compromise, or approve it with Obamacare funded. It puts the ball and the problem back in the house where they will look bad if they don't offer at least a compromise.
    http://democrats.senate.gov/2013/09/25/senate-adopts-motion-to-proceed-to-cr-and-reid-files-cloture/ Please see post # 13
    skeery wrote: »

Who got paid to let you join?

http://democrats.senate.gov/2013/09/25/roll-call-vote-on-cloture-on-mtp-to-h-j-res-59-continuing-resolution/

Two different cloture votes.

The one Friday morning will be on the bill. I am surprised they won't vote late tomorrow, but late Thursday, early Friday still gives the House the weekend.

Former Mini Mart Magnate

Cloture on the motion to proceed. This is not the cloture vote that Cruz spent 21 hours railing against, that will happen later in the week. It will actually get drawn out until Sunday if Reid has his way. This is the reason the motion to proceed was a 100-0 vote, the repubs are trying to move the vote along so that they have a chance to amend and send the bill back to the senate. I don't mean to sound rude, that is just the way I am. Please don't be offended by it.
    It was the cloture vote Cruz was rallying against. Cruz did not want to allow the debate to happen on the floor. Cruz wanted his fellow republicans to vote against the motion to proceed. The motion to proceed is the cloture vote that took place today.

The vote that will happen early Friday will be the cloture vote on the continuing resolution, which is the House bill itself. Reid won't let it linger in the Senate since he has the votes needed and it will make the Senate look bad to sit on it. The goal is to get it back to the House so that House republicans look like the bad guys if they fail to move before the Monday deadline.

Now you can apologize.

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I will have to read up a little more before I apologize. I have been wrong before and will admit when I am. I do apologize for being rude however, I have had a bad day.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,443 AG
    Raphael Cruz will be lucky to run a Canadian taco stand after his own party hands him what he has coming.
    Who knows, he may unwittingly be forming his own party. Many people are tired of establishment politicians and the republicans seem to have some young guns that the youth can connect with. If a third party could ever work, it may be within the next 10 years.
    Who knows, he may unwittingly be forming his own party. Many people are tired of establishment politicians and the republicans seem to have some young guns that the youth can connect with. If a third party could ever work, it may be within the next 10 years.

Sure, he could recruit their Taliban and Al-Qaeda brethren to give America what they believe it has coming.
    Well it is quite obvious that you are of the pure partisan type, I don't care to converse with you, it is pointless and boring. Thanks anyway.
    Well it is quite obvious that you are of the pure partisan type, I don't care to converse with you, it is pointless and boring. Thanks anyway.

I wouldn't go that far.. most republicans in congress feel the same way about Teddy right now. He's an idiot.

So what was your previous forum name?

It's funny how they start out acting innocent and naïve, huh? So obvious.

On which forum ? I have many names, I am a night watchman and sit here all night looking at ccv screens so I bide my time on all sorts of forums. You are quite transparent though, do you not know it ?
    It's funny how they start out acting innocent and naïve, huh? So obvious.

Well I wish that I could say that it is nice meeting you gumby31, is this how you welcome all new members ? We all have our bad days, maybe you are having one just as I have had today.