Bad day fishing, great day to be on the water.

Here is a video of two trips off Palm Beach where I could not bring in a nice fish. But it was a nice calm day for a paddle.

Replies

• CrstyCptSWitherspoonCrstyCptSWitherspoon Posts: 590 Officer
    ****. Thanks for the vid, I think I'll invest in a belt before I do this lol.
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,540 Captain
    Yeah man, that'll give you the fever !!!
  • JagerschnappsJagerschnapps Posts: 102 Officer
    Big Reef Donkeys are my favorite! That give you such a rush!
    Hobie Revolution, PA12
  • LokiLoki Posts: 141 Officer
    I can sympathize with that video. I have spent my share of $50 worth of lost jig days on the wrecks.
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    Great videos, keep em coming.
  • oarknotoarknot Posts: 243 Officer
    I'm gonna hit the Skycliff this weekend... I hear theres tons of free tackle swimming around down there... lol
  • yak_angleryak_angler Posts: 2,584 Captain
    oarknot wrote: »
    I'm gonna hit the Skycliff this weekend... I hear theres tons of free tackle swimming around down there... lol
    I thought Rob was "shark bait"
    5607_aa5e_zps24435aae.gif
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    After the sea lay down the fishing should be HOT offshore.
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    As with all good late summer storms the mutton bite on the local SoFl piers has been off the chain last 24 hrs - last night many guys getting limits ( my wife really loved all the texts I was getting in the middle of the night...lol ) So get it inshore till it lays down then rig up the yaks, after it lays down a bit.....I would think there will still be a pretty decent snapper bite through tonight as well.

Im planning on paddling offshore next weekend if it is doable....
  • SaltysackSaltysack Posts: 463 Officer
    It's been laying down guys...yesterday and today was glass...I've nearly paid a babysitter to go fishing!! Dyin to get out in these conditions, there's an occasional big wave or two in the surf, other than that...a F'n lake! Tomorrow should be ideal for a drift too, I'm jealous I can't get out, so get out there and post up some nice pictures and reports please...:banghead