Skip to main content
Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Bucs/Cards

Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Senior Memberup a creek without a paddle tampaPosts: 13,412 AG
According to a report by ESPN's Adam Schefter, Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman has been benched in favor of rookie quarterback Mike Glennon. This report has not been confirmed to WDAE by the Buccaneers organization.
:dance
I didn't think it would happen until the bye week:shrug
Hopefully this will light a fire and the rookie plays well.

I don't know how this is gonna affect the line but my guess is it will stay the same so I'm gonna go out on a limb and take the Bucs.
The line is now Bucs-2.5
The over/under is 40.5
Bucs win 17-13
THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.

Replies

• Navy_FishingNavy_Fishing Senior Member Tampa BayPosts: 817 Officer
    Bucs lose 21-3 and have more mental lapses. Freeman throws his helmet on the field and walks off. GS cries on TV.
  • capt louiecapt louie Moderator citrus countyPosts: 10,877 Moderator
    Just heard , Freeman is on the bench for real. He is 1 - 9 and 0-3 this year. He had plenty of protection.

I , for one am glad. Maybe now we can move forward.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • LilcthefishslayerLilcthefishslayer Senior Member Tampa/ Town&CountryPosts: 611 Officer
    So glad to hear Freeman being benched. I'm thinking with our D playing the way they have and possibly a new spark in Offense,we could pull off a few W's. Going with the Bucs 17-13
  • Mango ManMango Man Senior Member Tierra VerdePosts: 13,570 AG
    According to a report by ESPN's Adam Schefter, Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman has been benched in favor of rookie quarterback Mike Glennon. This report has not been confirmed to WDAE by the Buccaneers organization.
    :dance
    I didn't think it would happen until the bye week:shrug
    Hopefully this will light a fire and the rookie plays well.

I don't know how this is gonna affect the line but my guess is it will stay the same so I'm gonna go out on a limb and take the Bucs.
    The line is now Bucs-2.5
    The over/under is 40.5
    Bucs win 17-13

That's where I heard it, it was on ESPN!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • jsrodguy1jsrodguy1 Senior Member Posts: 558 Officer
    Lets see what kind of support Glennon gets from his offense? I haven't heard the status from the injuries sustained last weekend I hope Jackson can suit up. Seems like a desperation move from management, but I can't believe Josh let a contract year blowup like this???
    Can the Offensive Coordinator, Coach & GM be next to be benched?
  • capt louiecapt louie Moderator citrus countyPosts: 10,877 Moderator
    jsrodguy1 wrote: »
    Can the Offensive Coordinator, Coach & GM be next to be benched?

Hmmm .. Possibly. Unless this move really clicks I'm think yes.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • ThePigskinCaptainThePigskinCaptain Senior Member Posts: 390 Officer
    The Buccaneers announced this afternoon that all remaining home games will be televised.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Senior Member up a creek without a paddle tampaPosts: 13,412 AG
    The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are projected to surpass the NFL’s threshold of 85% tickets sold for the majority of the team’s remaining seven home games. By reaching the 85% mark, the team ensures that all games will be available on local television.

“In appreciation for the loyal support of our fans throughout the Tampa Bay area, we have committed to televise the remaining seven home games of the 2013 season,” said Buccaneers Co-Chairman Bryan Glazer.

Limited numbers of tickets in most price categories remain available for all games and may be purchased on www.Buccaneers.com.

:crowd
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • jsrodguy1jsrodguy1 Senior Member Posts: 558 Officer
    At least they realize the need for fan support one way or another. Hard to believe they forked over the dough to cover the cost of ticket sales to reach the 85% sales mark, but thanks!
  • DonnieHoughDonnieHough Senior Member TampaPosts: 199 Officer
    Well my whole outlook on the Buccaneers for the season and the future as changed. I still think Freeman can be a winning QB but it will not be with the Bucs most likely since he is now benched and probably will be traded. I'm not saying Freeman does not deserve to be benched because he has not played well at all going back into last year so the bench is what he earned. The Bucs going forward I think are going to have to do more than bench and probably trade Freeman to start getting wins though. I agree that this is probably a good time to make the change so Glennon has a game then two weeks to work on whatever he needs to before the Eagles game. I don't know much about Glennon as I do not keep up with college football at all really and he hasn't yet played much for the Bucs so this could be a good thing to spark the team to get a few wins. And if Glennon seems to be a bust after this year the Bucs should have some high draft picks next year though I'm not sure how the QB market looks for the draft. Maybe this is what the Bucs need to discover the star player in Glennon or if not get a high draft pick to get a star QB for the future that can play and win consistently. But to make this happen the Bucs may once again need to make changes in management and coaching after this year as well as I also think the overall team chemistry and play calling are not great at times. We will have to wait and see...

But to the point of this game the Bucs get a spark from the change and win 20-13, as for the rest of the season it is a wait and see for how Glennon works out.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. :fishing
    I'm not even sure what to think of this game. Hell, I'm not even sure what the Bucs are capable of. :rotflmao :willynillys?

Can they score FG's? TD's?

I'm taking the Cards, 27-10.

BTW, I'm cooking it this year Jerry, 1-2. :banana

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Senior Member up a creek without a paddle tampaPosts: 13,412 AG
    I $tart betting next week.
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Senior Member Tampa/Mason Creek/DamficarePosts: 3,054 Captain
    I am glad Freeman got benched, but am not all that optimistic about the alternative either. Lord I miss Dungy and Kiffin. Cards win 17-3.
  • frankfrank Senior Member Posts: 13,292 AG
    BUCS should be able to pull this one off, but they were supposed to do better last week too
    good thing they are going into a bye
    wonder why they won't bench the kicker and bring back that dimke kid
    Breaking news:

Freeman is INACTIVE for today's(and probably any other)game.
    Breaking news:

Freeman is INACTIVE for today's(and probably any other)game.

Cut out the cancer.

Abraham Lincoln
    This kids a hell of alot more accurate than Josh...

Abraham Lincoln
    His throws are spot on from what( limited) I've seen.
    i mean they are lazier shots................fast and accurate.
    a bit worried about his lack of mobility

It's nice to see Jackson going over the middle.:dance
    Yep, everything he's thrown so far has been right on. On that TD he put it right where it should have went. Josh woud have bounced a couple and threw a few 5' over their head. :grin

Keep it going Bucs!!!!

Abraham Lincoln
    Yep his passes have been spot on and no wobble shots I'm just worried about his immobility.
    We shall see.
    That was a Bs call on Bell for personal interference.
    he made the kick!!
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Senior Member Tampa/Mason Creek/DamficarePosts: 3,054 Captain
    Glennon is actually looking pretty good. Obviously my prediction was wrong, lets hope they keep it going in the 2nd half and put a w on the board.
    That was a Bs call on Bell for personal interference.

I agree, he clearly cocked his head to the side. Worked out well for us though.
    Yep his passes have been spot on and no wobble shots I'm just worried about his immobility.
    We shall see.
    If he has protection - which looks good so far - there's nothing wrong with a pocket passer. Ol' Josh wasn't exactly Twinkle Toes. :grin

Abraham Lincoln
    A minute and a half is plenty of time to score.
    Well that sucks, two costly interceptions and we are 0-4.
    Yep, But I do like the kids arm.
    Yep, But I do like the kids arm.

the offense stalled in the third qtr and never got it back
    this may be a total loss season