OT: Verizon or Lighthouse Cable

2»

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 12,944 AG
    Welcome, tourist. :p
  • Touche.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 12,944 AG
    Actually, the more I think about it the better description might be "migrant worker".

Kidding aside, I hope you have a productive stay in our little town, Gary.
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,412 Captain
    BeachTyme wrote: »
    Rooted 4G Droid (HTC) phone on Verizon wireless service = No land based Inet provider needed.

Trust me on this one, I use it every week when I stay in north PCounty for work. Couple that with Netflix (UGHH) or Hulu Plus and you'll wonder if network based providers are getting a little nervous these days.

[Post from a Rooted 4G Thunderbolt on VZW]

I'm just out of 4G range with Sprint, but I've gotten fairly good quality with 3G too. If people dn't want to root their phone they should look at pdanet.
  • KyleStyleKyleStyle Posts: 426 Deckhand
    We had Verizon Fiber Cable installed in the 'hood last year. I made the switch in august for their "$99.00" plan that included; Internet, Phone and install for 3 tvs, free DVR and set top box for life. I got the first bill and it was almost $200.00! There are the regular fees i was used to seeing with Brighthouse, but there were also network upgrade fees, infrastructure enhancement fund, and a list of other fees. I stuck it out another 2 months, but the bills only got as low as $152.xx

I called brighthouse and switched back. My bill is below $100.00 again, and I have bay news 9, bhsn47 and IFC.