Intro

My name is Gordo35 and I like to fish. I live in Lutz but fish out of PAG and am currently keeping my sled(27 Contender) at O'Neills. I have been an active participant and model citizen:) at THaT other forum but have lurked here for a few years since moving down here from Mississippi where I fished for everything from Bass in a lake, wading for Speckled Trout, to fishing the rigs off of Mississippi and Louisiana for ARS, Mangroves, Grouper, Wahoo, and Tuna.
I'm looking forward to getting to know some more of the folks associated with this forum.
Here's a few shots from this year- unfortunately, I don't take very many pics while I fish but am trying to slow down while I'm on the boat and enjoy the scenery and everyone else having fun.

Replies

• gordo35gordo35 Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Oh yeah, one other thing about me.....not the best in the world at attaching pictures!
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    Hi Gordo my name is Chris. Welcome and glad to have another on our west coast.
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,868 AG
    How ya doin:beer welcome
    Where are you located? We have get togethers now and then and if you keep your eyes peeled you'll see them posted.
    Newbies are encouraged to attend............since they buy the beer:grin
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,075 AG
    Welcome Gordo, first drinks on you. I'll take a sweet tea. :beer

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • tokinredtokinred Posts: 202 Officer
    I am very happy to see you over here. The folks at FS are really trying to make this a fun place to post. I hope to see a report from you once these winds calm down. For all the regulars, I met Gordo through THaT other forum and he has quickly become a close friend and fishing buddy. These forums are a great place to meet like minded folks who love to fish. Welcome aboard Gordo, nice to see you. I am gonna try to set up a WC get-together in the near future.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,868 AG
    Will beer and wings and wimmens in skimpy outfits be involved?:grin
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • tokinredtokinred Posts: 202 Officer

Wellllll,.........OK, but just for you!:smoking
  • MoondawgMoondawg Posts: 214 Officer
    Gordo35, welcome to the forum, there's a lot of good spots just to the west of you for inshore... Also- nice 'sled' ..
    Just 'cause the sun don't shine, doesn't mean you can't go fishin'..
    http://www.sixwavelures.com
    100% Handcrafted Wooden Lures & Jig Heads
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,412 Captain
    Welcome
  • gordo35gordo35 Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the welcomes. I live in Lutz/New Tampa area but fish out of the Fort Desoto/PAG area. I mainly fish for Snapper and Grouper but I'm going to start exploring trolling.
    As for the get together, I'm down for Hooters, Winghouse, Tilted Kilt, etc.
  • Reel IrieReel Irie Posts: 81 Deckhand
    Hola Senor!
    cape-horn-boats-L20889.gif
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,553 Moderator

That happened on the Anclote sandbar last weekend, with cat fights and tops flying too!!