Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

60+ Snook in 3 Nights, A Pair of 20 Pounders, Redfish, and Gator Trout! 8/25-8/29

The snook bite has been great to say the least! Before we got on the snook, Sunday I met up with my buddy Shane and we got on the redfish up in Ft.Pierce! Sight fishing schools of up to 100 fish. All beautiful 26 to 28 inch fish. Dad also took the boat out and got a stud 28" trout at midday. At night we've been bridge fishing the shadow lines in the St.Lucie and found plenty of snook willing to eat. We totaled 33 on our first night out with the biggest being right in slot. I went wading down in Jupiter with my buddy the next evening and wasn't disappointed. Only 2 snook were caught, but both were slobs. My first one being a fat, 38 incher that about made it to the channel on my little 2500 Stradic. Put a topwater on and not even 10 minutes later an even bigger snook hits. It screamed drag and jumped all over the flat trying to snap my thin 30 pound leader, but after a very long 10 minutes, I grabbed beast. Measured out at just over 40" and very healthy. Went back out to the bridges the next 2 nights and found the bite not quite as hot as the first night, but totaled 17 snook on the second night and another dozen on the third. Biggest being slot fish. Also got out to wade for a bit this morning and got a fat 26" red just before sunrise and then a couple of decent trout and even a small snook to complete my slam. All fish were caught on a variety of Unfair Lures and Soft plastic paddle tails.

Replies