TT cut...

on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
I thought for sure it was 2 year project.
Not the first time I have been wrong.
Marlin I can see you smiling from here. Lol
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9618882&city=boston&src=desktop

Replies

• MARLIN44MARLIN44 Posts: 1,223 Officer
    Was there any doubt?

There is probably a place for him in the NFL, just not as a QB...
    23ea9c81-1e5b-4eb2-a384-b1be569337ad_zps36a194bd.jpg
  • sunandsandsunandsand Posts: 42 Deckhand
    MARLIN44 wrote: »
    Was there any doubt?

There is probably a place for him in the NFL, just not as a QB...

Why do you think there is a place for him in the NFL? How do you come to this conclusion?
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,510 AG
    No big surprise to anyone not wearing orange and blue glasses. Good luck to him whatever he does.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,175 AG
    Thanks for the memories Tim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,199 Captain
    Resinhead wrote: »
    No big surprise to anyone not wearing orange and blue glasses. Good luck to him whatever he does.

X2, everyone else saw this coming and predicted it was pretty evident.

Tim is a great young man with a very bright future. He will figure out what is next in his life and do something positive.
    He could have been a great role model for the young kids today. Maybe onto Canada ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Says he still wants to be an NFL QB.

And I still wanna be an astronaut. 'Course there's that whole 65 years old thang and that obama trashing the Space Program thingy. I think I've got a good shot though.
    magot wrote: »
    And I still wanna be an astronaut.

Maybe you should pray...
  • Tarpon NoleTarpon Nole Posts: 1,857 Officer
    Flash wrote: »
    He could have been a great role model for the young kids today. Maybe onto Canada ??

Being a good person does not equate to being an nfl QB
    Being a good person does not equate to being an nfl QB

No, didn't say that, but wouldn't it be nice for a change instead of the ego driven players we have for the most part?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    I was sure hoping for a miracle and the Patriots keeping him on. I was going to be a Patriots fan this year but now I will have to hope for a miracle from the Dolphins or Bucs.
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    I was sure hoping for a miracle and the Patriots keeping him on. I was going to be a Patriots fan this year but now I will have to hope for a miracle from the Dolphins or Bucs.

I'm with ya, Lobster. Trouble is, the Dolphins and Bucs are worse at what they do than Tim is at what he wants to do.
    Like said earlier... the cut was like the sunrise... going to happen.

Think anyone else picks him up or does he disappear forever?

Btw... for you Tebow pajama wearing people (which isnt hard to figure out who those peeps are :wink!) the NFL and every other retailer is selling his crap for 75% off.

Load up! Big game coming up!
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG

there are other options

After Tebow passed through waivers and became a free agent one day after his release by the New England Patriots, quarterback guru Steve Clarkson, who worked with Tebow in February, urged his pupil to consider playing north of the border to help keep his dream alive.

"It's time now to maybe just reconsider a different path to his ultimate dream. Tim might want to look to the CFL because he may have run out of options in the NFL,'' Clarkson told USA TODAY Sports on Sunday. "Sitting is not an option for Tim. He's ultra-competitive. He needs to stick to his strength, which is being in a competitive environment.
    No political signature
    frank wrote: »
    there are other options

After Tebow passed through waivers and became a free agent one day after his release by the New England Patriots, quarterback guru Steve Clarkson, who worked with Tebow in February, urged his pupil to consider playing north of the border to help keep his dream alive.

"It's time now to maybe just reconsider a different path to his ultimate dream. Tim might want to look to the CFL because he may have run out of options in the NFL,'' Clarkson told USA TODAY Sports on Sunday. "Sitting is not an option for Tim. He's ultra-competitive. He needs to stick to his strength, which is being in a competitive environment.

Problem with the CFL is you got to throw passes with a high percentage rate, something he hasn't been able to do. You only get three downs in the CFL.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    I will never for the life of me understand the hatred displayed toward Tebow by so many people. NOBODY could have more of a football excuse to dislike him than does a VOL fan but I can't make myself have any for him at all. He seems like a genuine good person and anyone who says that he is not a great football player is not a football fan with any knowledge of the game. Does his skill set match up with those of a traditional dropback quarterback?? nope,,, but his skill set did save the end of the season for Denver and unlike many of the quarterbacks that are held in such high regard he took them to the playoffs.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral

Btw... for you Tebow pajama wearing people (which isnt hard to figure out who those peeps are :wink!) the NFL and every other retailer is selling his crap for 75% off.

Load up! Big game coming up!

Guess you got yours already.
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
    fins4me wrote: »
    I will never for the life of me understand the hatred displayed toward Tebow by so many people. NOBODY could have more of a football excuse to dislike him than does a VOL fan but I can't make myself have any for him at all. He seems like a genuine good person and anyone who says that he is not a great football player is not a football fan with any knowledge of the game. Does his skill set match up with those of a traditional dropback quarterback?? nope,,, but his skill set did save the end of the season for Denver and unlike many of the quarterbacks that are held in such high regard he took them to the playoffs.
    ^ this.
    "head and Marlin are experts and would disagree w/ you.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    I have followed football for a number of years. I find it interesting that a late draft pick like Tom Brady can have success in the NFL while many high draft picks don't seem to flourish. When you get picked by a crummy team you might have a really bad offensive line ruining your statistics.

As we have said before some of us are disappointed that Tebow couldn't find the combination to help out an NFL team so far this year. He will manage to have some sort of a life and won't be the first great college quarterback to fail to find a place in the NFL if indeed he never finds one.
    DuPont wrote: »
    Guess you got yours already.

YswCKnY.gif
    DuPont wrote: »
    ^ this.
    "head and Marlin are experts and would disagree w/ you.

It's called common sense...:rolleyes
    It's called common sense...:rolleyes

Or pent up jealousy from those College years. :wink
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Or pent up jealousy from those College years. :wink

Yeah that's it... Cant get nothing past the super Mod!:rolleyes
    Yeah that's it... Cant get nothing past the super Mod!:rolleyes

Oops, must have pushed a button. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure his comment went right over your head Flash. Not like that's hard to do though. :wink
    I'm pretty sure his comment went right over your head Flash. Not like that's hard to do though. :wink

Was probably busy coddling his Timmy doll...
    Ahhh, now be nice guys or as Jim Croce one said,

"Don't spit into the wind" :wink
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahhh, now be nice guys or

Or what? Let me guess you'll lock the thread with your super Mod powers because YOU don't agree with it...