Are McDonald's employees worth $15 an hour?

Replies

• Anclote KeyAnclote Key Posts: 2,354 Officer
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Let me tell you about the Mc D's girl in GA that after ordering a Chocolate shake...and I got a Vanila.
    When I went back inside AND SHOWED HER THE WHITE SHAKE her answer was " Well,.... It came out of the chocolate side sir"...
    To which I replied " Yes, but it is white...like me...and TASTES LIKE vanilla"
    To which she repeated " But..it came out of the chocolate side"

This happened 12 years ago while my youngest daughter was in college...and to this day when something is just so stupid as to be unbelievable...We say..
    " But it came out of the chocolate side sir"

Similar type incident happened to me as a young lad. Dad ordered Chinese food. They said it would be there in 30 min 'at least'. ****, this could take days.
    The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t. –Patrick F. McManus
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Friend ordered a burger without pickles at wendys. He watched them make it. with pickles. He pushed it back and said he ordered no pickles, the looked at the receipt.. said no pickles. She insisted it had no pickles and got a manager, never opening the wrapper. The solution escaped her.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,191 AG
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Anecdotal stories are the best way to judge how much Mickey's D's employees should make. I commend you, sir.

Well, It points to the fact that if her IQ was 50 or 70 points higher...she'd be working at CERN...and not Mickey d's....

If you are unhappy with the pay and benefits of a "fast food career"....get an education.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    got ants? wrote: »
    She said she has a family of 7 that depends on her wage. WHAT? SEVEN?

Seems as though she missed her calling....with all those kids there is SOMETHING she seems good at....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,698 AG
    Well, It points to the fact that if her IQ was 50 or 70 points higher...she'd be working at CERN...and not Mickey d's....

If you are unhappy with the pay and benefits of a "fast food career"....get an education.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Captain
    CaptTater wrote: »
    We aren't supposed to talk about the REAL social problem here. Think she has a cell phone? Think the kids have an xbox? Think the kids have cell phones?

Yep cell phones. Cell phones are at the crux of this social issue. Take away the phones, solve the problem. Effing A, you are ON to something man. This MEANS something!

close_encounters01.jpg
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG

What is your degree?
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 28,384 AG
    got ants? wrote: »
    On the news, the showed a coloured woman

What color was she?

Mini Mart Magnate

• rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    cadman wrote: »
    What color was she?
    Racist still say colored in Georgia. The English still say coloured
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    By union involvement I meant to say why weren't these people unionized years ago?

Not that I think that's a good idea ....
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    I demand more!
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,448 Captain
    The product is not worth buying or consuming in the first place.Fascinating that there is the demand there is.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
    FloridaOD wrote: »
    The product is not worth buying or consuming in the first place.Fascinating that there is the demand there is.

post of the thread
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    FloridaOD wrote: »

Americans are so friggin lazy, that's why. Some people would rather drive through and blow $20 on crap than spend half that much on decent groceries and cook them at home. I noticed that even at the height of the recession in 2008-2011 every Chli's, Macaroni Grill - you name it was packed every night on my way home from work. People will lose their houses and cars, but still eat slop from restaurants. Pure American laziness and softness.
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
    SuperFluke wrote: »
    Yep cell phones. Cell phones are at the crux of this social issue. Take away the phones, solve the problem. Effing A, you are ON to something man. This MEANS something!

close_encounters01.jpg

That's REALLY what you think it's about? Not the bills associated with it? What is the cheapest monthly cell phone services with txt and internet? How many hours does a minimum wage worker have to work to pay it (after taxes)? Are you really that stupid? So stupid that you think it's about the glass and plastic? Or are you just not wanting to admit that it's a luxury that these workers DEMAND but cannot afford.. Another ENTITLEMENT demand and you know it.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    SuperFluke wrote: »

close_encounters01.jpg
    Kaboom
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Calusa wrote: »
    Americans are so friggin lazy, that's why. Some people would rather drive through and blow $20 on crap than spend half that much on decent groceries and cook them at home. I noticed that even at the height of the recession in 2008-2011 every Chli's, Macaroni Grill - you name it was packed every night on my way home from work. People will lose their houses and cars, but still eat slop from restaurants. Pure American laziness and softness.

Wipe off the froth and do some reading.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/29/weighing-home-cooking-and-take-out/

Perhaps a more studied approach is in order. Time, more people single, spoilage, etc.

Its not the lazy people this effects most - its the person working 2 jobs and really trying that faces increased food costs with decreased nutritional value. That person is doing it right if they are never HOME to cool and always on the bounce - schooling/jobs.
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    Calusa wrote: »
    Are McDonald employees worth $15 and hour?]

Not sure, what do their employers think?
    rock_fish wrote: »
    Kaboom

you can't help but hitch your trailer to every underpowered tow can you. You poor thing.
    Someone is mad again lol
    rock_fish wrote: »
    Racist still say colored in Georgia.

No..they still use the N word....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    pupraiser wrote: »
    What is your degree?

MA in internet trolling.....:rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,521 AG
    No..they still use the N word....
    That's right.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • MadpoodleMadpoodle SoFlo Baby!Posts: 761 Officer
    so, if the stories that unions are paying the workers to strike are true, are they paying them more than Ronald does?
    Water rat

Madpoodle wrote: »
    so, if the stories that unions are paying the workers to strike are true, are they paying them more than Ronald does?

Yes, they are getting $50 an hour...but you have to get it from Jimmy Hoffa...He's the guy organizing it.....:rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Yes, they are getting $50 an hour...but you have to get it from Jimmy Hoffa...He's the guy organizing it.....:rotflmao

Were you in a union?
    Were you in a union?

Three actually.....

I think I have mentioned before that Florida is a " right to work" state and it is illegal for public safety workers ( Police or firemen or Paramedics) to go on any strikes or work slow downs etc...so for me..the union was meaningless....

But we did get to go to meetings....and conventions...which got me out of the house...and that's worth something.... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    so for me..the union was meaningless....

Except to negotiate your wages and and benefits for you, collective bargaining. If you consider that nothing so it is.
    Except to negotiate your wages and and benefits for you, collective bargaining. If you consider that nothing so it is.

More like " Collective begging" :rotflmao...since with no ability other than to say "please"... you got...what the city council wanted to give..

And...being a right to work state...I did not HAVE TO belong...I would still get everything that all the union members got....but I wouldn't get to go to those conventions...Oh Man!... :dance
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    And...being a right to work state...I did not HAVE TO belong...I would still get everything that all the union members got....but I wouldn't get to go to those conventions...Oh Man!... :dance

Which is why its pointless in FL. Defanged and declawed.